Livewell Operation

Can you guys tell me your steps for filling and recirculating for a tournament. I put on manual aeration to fill and then went to auto after it was filled, but I seem to have a lot of overflow going to the bilge when running around. Anyone plug the overflow? Other steps? Thanks

2. Member
    The overflow should not be go into the bilge. You have a hose, a fitting or something isn't sealed. Do both livewells do this or one. Use one for test and then the 2nd one and see which one leaking into the bilge. One or both! Remove the bilge cover plate and see where you're leak is. My boat never had a drop of water for the 1st few year now it has some, but not excessive. Not bad enough yet. I may look at it this summer. I little difficult as my PP pumps are mounted on the bilge cover.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

3. Member
    You can adjust the amount that the aerator dumps into your livewell. The adjustment is on the discharge nozzle. I suspect yours is too open and it's filling the livewell to the seam of the topcap.
    What I do is fill in manual and put in auto. I do this most of the time. If I'm in bad water, very shallow, or summer heat, I don't aerate, just circulate and add G-juice.
    Chad St. Pierre
    Paulina LA 70763

4. Member
    Agree with above that it shouldn’t be going into the bilge. What year boat is it? They used to have chrome fittings from the hoses to the livewell that were brittle and would crack and leak.
    2023 Phoenix 21 PHX
    Yamaha SHO S/N 6KWL 1004324

5. Member
    So the overflow should be going out the pumpout? I will also check the discharge nozzle to check on that. Thanks guys.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MengRanger View Post
    So the overflow should be going out the pumpout? I will also check the discharge nozzle to check on that. Thanks guys.
    Overflow should be connected to a hose that drains outside the boat, if it's draining to the bilge you should correct this. See post #3, maybe the overflow can't keep up with the fill pump and the livewell itself overflows into bilge.

7. Member
    If the water level is well above the overflow hole, then it's aerating too much. If the level is at the overflow hole, then you have a hose disconnect where it comes out the top side of the livewell. If it's at the bottom level, they water should be coming in with the boat just sitting in the water.
    Chad St. Pierre
    Paulina LA 70763

8. Member
    Check you drains for the livewells. I had a connection crushed. Kept getting worse. Finally found it.
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    225 Mercury 4 Stroke ProXS (# 2B591262)
    MinnKota Ultrex trolling motor
    Lowrance HDS Carbons