Flint / Seminole

Planning a trip for 3 days of fishing. Putting in Bainbridge area. last week of March. looking for recommendation where to stay, fishing report, water levels.

2. Member
    I’m heading that way in a couple of weeks

3. Member
    Good luck and stay safe,

4. Member
    I live in bainbridge and would suggest staying at spring creek resort aka big jims. there is a restaurant there and boat ramp. Water is still up right now and stained. its about 20 mile run down to the lake for good fishable water IMO.

5. Member
    Thanks Hammer. I will be staying at Big Jim’s. Is it better to make that 20 mile run or find a ramp closer to the good water?

6. Member
    big jims will be right in the heart of where you need to be. easy access to hooch or flint. make sure to stay in the poles at all times in spring creek as there is no room for error

7. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Our group just stayed at the old Wingates now known as At Ease Campground and Marina. Let me tell you I would recommend that place to ANYONE!! We stayed in the cabins (we had 4 of them) and not the hotel rooms (actually old duplexes converted). But new owners were top notch and went over the top for us. Restaurant was open Fri, Sat and Sun. They even set up scales and weighed in for our group Sat and Sun. We will be going back and I do recommend them!!

8. Member
    I am going to be at big jims march 24 th thru the 29th staying at the motel in a red and white ranger 521...kinda scared what I read about the lake so I will probably be idling everywhere, If you guys are there during that time say hey. Virginia boat and truck...I am wondering what to do if you meet a boat if the boat lanes are narrow...

9. Member
    We’re going tomorrow. I will try to post our results when we get back

10. Member
    looks like you have some good weather after monday...good luck

11. Member
    Its wide enough if you meet another boat to go side by side. Just idle if you decide to leave the boat lane. Personally I get on the trolling motor soon as i get out of the boat lane (in spring creek) to dodge as many stumps as possible. Ive idled up on plenty not knowing if I was going to be able to get off it.

12. Member
    We got back yesterday after three days of hard fishing. We stayed at big Jim’s and launched there all three days. Stayed in the Flint River and caught our fish on white Lunker Lure or spinnerbait. We had 10 people in our group and 2 boats got on them the second and third day, both limited out with 2-4 lbs fish. I don’t know where/what they fished. The biggest fish of the trip was 4.11 lbs.

13. Member
    Glad you had a good trip and returned home safe

14. Member
    We just came home on Friday after being there all last week. My partner and I caught limits each of our tournament days on spooks and worms. The fish are on bed and moving to beds in the Spring Creek islands before you ever get to rattlesnake or big Jim's area. Big fish of the week was 5.77. I had a 5.29 on a spook on the first tournament day, 5.77 on a spook on the 2nd tourn, and a 3.57 on the 3rd tourney. They were eating a spook over sandy areas or around those areas all day even in the sunshine. We cleaned up taking 17 of the 23 money envelopes over the week long trip. Good Luck.

15. Member
    sounds like a great trip...congrats...