Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Easy, first occurrence, loss of eligibility for post season or tournament play. Second occurrence loss of eligibility the following season. Third occurrence suspension of program for remainder of season and the following year. The schools will stop that crap quick.

2. Member
    It's funny that Duke thought it was a great thing to storm the field after beating Clemson in football but when they get beat in basketball they bitch and moan.

Maybe give away free shock collars and turn on the transmitter at the end of the game
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    I see no way they can prevent people from storming the courts
    It don't happen in the NBA.

5. Member
    Close the games to spectators. At least for a game or two. Can't act correctly then no attendance.

6. Member
    Stop being pansies. Storm that court.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boatwrench View Post
    Easy, first occurrence, loss of eligibility for post season or tournament play. Second occurrence loss of eligibility the following season. Third occurrence suspension of program for remainder of season and the following year. The schools will stop that crap quick.
    So punish the players and coaches that had nothing to do with it.....yeaa thats a wonderful idea.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishshooter View Post
    Yea, right up to where the visiting fans storm the court & cost the home team the win. Your team lost, so storm the court & help your team to the win ! How many fans does it take to call it a storm ?
    that would be unfortunate if visiting fans did that…is it possible? Yes but probable? Not so sure. An example…. Tonight, at the Texas at Texas Tech game, the TT coach had to get on the PA to tell the kids that for each piece of debris that gets thrown on to the court, TT will get a tech. Also announcer said that after third technical the coach gets ejected. In this case it certainly could be the Texas fans in attendance who could take advantage and throw debris on the court to draw more technicals on TT. But a very unlikely scenario. Just have to manage things for the most likely situation and be ready to deal with the unlikely if it does happen…like an appeals process with proof.

I don't see it stopping without drastic steps that nobody wants....and I don't know that it should. What should be done is every team have a "upset drill" for getting players in a safe place to avoid what happened to Flipkowski.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    Different type of crowd. One is mostly adults who have the means to pay $200 to $450 a seat and aren't really the court storming type....the other is an arena full of jacked up college kids ready to PARTAY over the rivalry victory.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    Different type of crowd. One is mostly adults who have the means to pay $200 to $450 a seat and aren't really the court storming type....the other is an arena full of jacked up college kids ready to PARTAY over the rivalry victory.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    So punish the players and coaches that had nothing to do with it.....yeaa thats a wonderful idea.
    It punishes the fans and the alumni. Fans going to be mad at the stormers if they knock their team out of the post season.

Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    Stop being pansies. Storm that court.
    I agree, I saw that pansy from duke, he looked like a possum in the road. stand your ground, move your a$$ or get pummeled, you choose.

14. Member
    there is a way you could stop it let everyone know if it happens it will be a felony an when it happens lock them up an prosecute it wont happen but once then the folks will learn how to act at a game.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    People with an actual interest in who wins go to NBA games? I always thought it was more of the Business crowd these days, at least when I've gone to games its been a benefit from a vendor or business colleague.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by limitlong View Post
    It's funny that Duke thought it was a great thing to storm the field after beating Clemson in football but when they get beat in basketball they bitch and moan.
    Now that is a sizzling hot take!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    Yep, forfeits would work.
    Fans think about it, it could help the losing team!

Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    Wonder why you don’t see this happening at hockey games.
    Everyone is to drunk to climb over the boards. Lol
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

I'm really surprised that more people haven't been hurt storming courts. Not just players, but fans as well. It's a stampede, someone trips coming off the bleachers and they will get trampled.

Happened thousands of times, 0 fatalities. Who cares

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast