Skeeterzx190

New mega live version this year?

Anyone have any rumors or knowledge of an updated mega live release date

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Those who know, aren't talking. Those who are talking, don't know.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

3. Member
    They better. The other brands are taking market share as well as pros away. I love Mega Live but unless they stop breaking and changing it I’m switching.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

4. Member
    I think we'll see a live 360 before we see ml 2.0. ML has the best perspective mode from what I've seen so they should be able to make a quality product from the current hardware. Would likely be a huge hit with the recent wave of people realizing the usefulness of perspective.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    I think we'll see a live 360 before we see ml 2.0. ML has the best perspective mode from what I've seen so they should be able to make a quality product from the current hardware. Would likely be a huge hit with the recent wave of people realizing the usefulness of perspective.
    Yes, if HB could come up with a live 360 transducer they could potentially corner the market. As of now people are putting 4 or more live transducers on their boats trying to get that ability. If you want to see how crazy this is getting go find the YouTube video that Chris Zaldain just put out. Pros are spending up to $50,000 on electronics trying to keep up with the craziness.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

A live 360 is coming. It's just a matter of when.

7. Skeeterzx190
    But will it be any good? Everything I have read is current mega live is not even close to live scope. Even if had a 360 the product still needs improvement. I saw that video also which is nuts. If you notice I think only 2 people had mega live and they clearly were Humminbird sponsored guys. Everyone else had 1-5 live scopes per boat. Mega 360 live would be amazing if they make improvements on current picture

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    A live 360 is coming. It's just a matter of when.
    Totally agree

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterzx19 View Post
    But will it be any good? Everything I have read is current mega live is not even close to live scope. Even if had a 360 the product still needs improvement. I saw that video also which is nuts. If you notice I think only 2 people had mega live and they clearly were Humminbird sponsored guys. Everyone else had 1-5 live scopes per boat. Mega 360 live would be amazing if they make improvements on current picture
    Check out some videos of mega live perspective mode on YouTube. Imo it's better than Garmin. Clearer and no image stitching.
    Like I said above they could use the same hardware now to make 360 and people would be thrilled with image quality.
    Honestly it's always confused me how ml can be amazing in perspective and at best decent in forward.

I think a live 360 might be a bridge too far for the current head unit technology. I had heard that the narrow live beam used today by all the companies is due to the purpose of being "live". A larger window provides a massive amount of data that has to be displayed without any lag. Otherwise, it isn't "live". Even the Gen 1 Solix units have varying amounts of issues with latency/processor speed on Mega live. Not sure how they would execute a 360 live without a massive amount of panoramic stitching which would be very taxing on the current processors, especially with the purpose of it being "live"

2012 Ranger z521
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

11. Member
    While Jacquart is likely correct, the price of units capable of doing the job will be very expensive. Yes they are already expensive, but that is the baseline to this rocket ship! I am not sure how long it will be before they have a system capable of doing this, but the the people with the money that can/would pay the price depends on our economy to support mass marketing. I would not think that would be soon. Some have that kind of money, but I don’t see this happening very soon. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

12. Member
    Live 360 is a lot closer than you think and the output image is going to be a bit different to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    Live 360 is a lot closer than you think and the output image is going to be a bit different to learn.
    I suppose your right, the tone of your statement is very matter of fact. As long as they execute it well. Mega 360 is really something that they can hang their hat on right now and it only makes sense to try to build on that vs constantly trying to catch up with the current FFS technologies.

2012 Ranger z521
    Mercury 250 Pro XS