Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGZ21 View Post
    How is it possible to run all that stuff for a full day and your battery be at 80% before wiring in parallel with your AGM. Is that even recommended to have your Lithium in parallel with your AGM. Not trying to be difficult but i have 4 HDS 12's, AT and my NMEA network on a 100Ah Lithium and struggle to get 8hrs and that's with putting my units on standby.

Look at this link from the electrical forum section and go to the last post made by Justinp61, he sounds to have the same setup as you and gets alot more time out of his setup, https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1253741

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    Look at this link from the electrical forum section and go to the last post made by Justinp61, he sounds to have the same setup as you and gets alot more time out of his setup, https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1253741
    Thanks for all the great info Sleepy111. If i do the math (4 HDs 12's @ 2.3A each, and AT @ 1.5A). I also have my NMEA network, not sure what that draws, with Mercury VVL, Mercury Smartcraft gauge, Lowrance 3 in 1 transducer on my Ghost trolling motor, 2 in 1 transducer, thru hull transducer, and Yacht Devices barometer gauge. So i am at 10.7A without factoring in my NMEA network. Therefore 10.7A X 8hrs. comes to 85.6Ah. I should mention that this is all connected to a stand alone 100Ah house battery not connected to my main engine, so therefore not charging on the run. Unless i am not understanding correctly, this all makes sense to me. What do you think. Thanks for your input.

3. Member
    Thanks for all the great info Sleepy111. If i do the math (4 HDs 12's @ 2.3A each, and AT @ 1.5A). I also have my NMEA network, not sure what that draws, with Mercury VVL, Mercury Smartcraft gauge, Lowrance 3 in 1 transducer on my Ghost trolling motor, 2 in 1 transducer, thru hull transducer, and Yacht Devices barometer gauge. So i am at 10.7A without factoring in my NMEA network. Therefore 10.7A X 8hrs. comes to 85.6Ah. I should mention that this is all connected to a stand alone 100Ah house battery not connected to my main engine, so therefore not charging on the run. Unless i am not understanding correctly, this all makes sense to me. What do you think. Thanks for your input.
    Forgot to mention that i have independent runs of 8 gauge wiring running from my house battery to the bow and console.

4. Member
    Withe the amps and the math yes it seems you don’t get a full day out of it but in reality you should get more than 8 hrs. When I am up front and not idling or scanning I do use stop sonar on the console graphs which does help a little. I don’t use anny regular sonar or down scan up front anymore since I have the 360 annd AT2. Are you running an AGM or regular lead acid starting battery?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    Withe the amps and the math yes it seems you don’t get a full day out of it but in reality you should get more than 8 hrs. When I am up front and not idling or scanning I do use stop sonar on the console graphs which does help a little. I don’t use anny regular sonar or down scan up front anymore since I have the 360 annd AT2. Are you running an AGM or regular lead acid starting battery?
    I'm currently running a AGM starting battery. I also put my console units on standby when fishing and bow units when driving.

6. Member
    Forgot to mention that i have independent runs of 8 gauge wiring running from my house battery to the bow and console.
    This might be worth a read:
    The Juice is Worth the Squeeze
    https://storage.westernbass.com/mag_...e34/index.html
    ciao,
    Marc

7. Member
    I'm currently running a AGM starting battery. I also put my console units on standby when fishing and bow units when driving.

Get a set of battery cables and wire it up with your AGM, you will benefit from it for sure. The BMS system in most of the current lithium batteries out there now will protect from any overcharging and discharging. If you have one that doesn’t have a BMS system built in it then I can see the concern for the amp output of the outboard, I’m assuming you’re running a pro xs 4 stroke mercury?

8. Member
    Yes. 300 Pro XS. Thanks for all the great info Sleepy 111.

9. Member
    I run (2) AT2s with a 12” Live and a 12” PRO on the bow and a 12” PRO at the console. I power it all, and my accessories and outboard with a 190ah Millertech that I purchased from BassFishinElectronics.com

This has been a great setup for me and there is zero interference. I tried running an AT1 and AT2 but the interference was super annoying.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n8cas View Post
    Thanks. I wonder how bad the interference would be between an AT 1 and an AT2. Running them on separate 12 inch HDS-lives is probably an easier viewing experience for me anyways. Who needs 2-d and a map anymore up front anyways
    Have you tried this setup yet? Two 12" Live units, one running AT1 and the other running AT2 unit?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyD View Post
    Have you tried this setup yet? Two 12" Live units, one running AT1 and the other running AT2 unit?

I tried a dual AT1 setup early last year and the interference pulses in each screen was annoying, I went to dual AT2 which has a ping sync system in it and each screen is crystal clear. Some have tried an AT1 and AT2 as you ask and say there is interference, some say it’s bad others say it’s usable. Wont really know until you try it for yourself to see if it bothers you or not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12