Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How much is too much?????

After watching Chris Zaldain's latest youtube video, its become painfully clear that the art of bass fish has lost its way. Pros are running 4,5,6,7 graphs with up to 5 active imaging transducers. some of these set ups are pushing 50k. I know it's impossible to put the toothpaste back in the bottle, but it's time to put some parameters on this craziness. Why not put a max number transducers allowed on each pros boat. And let them decide if they want Live imaging, 360, down scan, side scan, 2D or any combination there of. I believe this would still allow for big 3 to sell their latest generation of products. Maybe, this would help us get back to bass fishing. It sure as hell will make it more watchable.

2. Member
    I don't think that has ever been discussed on here before, thanks for bringing it up.

3. #FRB
    What the pros do and what people who want to pretend to be a pro do have no impact on how I fish therefore I don't care. I also don't watch professional bass fishing and haven't really cared about it for over 20 years.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    I don't think that has ever been discussed on here before, thanks for bringing it up.

5. Member
    I understand people have to change with the times, well they have changed. Fishing tournaments is a totally different game these days. Most times of the year, you better be good with electronics

They are just catching now. As long as people can afford the toys, they will be bought and companies will fight hard to allow their place in the fishing world. There’s nothing we can or could ever do about it.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

7. Member

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    What the pros do and what people who want to pretend to be a pro do have no impact on how I fish therefore I don't care. I also don't watch professional bass fishing and haven't really cared about it for over 20 years.
    This to the power of 10.

That said, I wonder how many average Joe's get the value out of the electronics. Certainly my low tech electronics outstrip my ability.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

Changes will be coming in 2025 for those Tour pros. The level of change is not yet fully known, though Bassmaster did indicate to the Elite anglers at Toledo that it was eminent. They will be addressing crappie brakes, units, heights, transducers and more in the coming season. They also gave firm guidelines on use of Crappie Brakes in 2024. The genie is out of the bottle, though they will be stuffing some aspects in a new coffin.

BCB

10. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

11. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by davidsa View Post
    This to the power of 10.

That said, I wonder how many average Joe's get the value out of the electronics. Certainly my low tech electronics outstrip my ability.
    I'm pretty good with 2d but after having an Echomap 12 and LVS34 for over a year now it still makes my head spin. I'll fully "get it" eventually. Just need to force myself to really learn it especially on slow days instead of calling it early and going home.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Changes will be coming in 2025 for those Tour pros. The level of change is not yet fully known, though Bassmaster did indicate to the Elite anglers at Toledo that it was eminent. They will be addressing crappie brakes, units, heights, transducers and more in the coming season. They also gave firm guidelines on use of Crappie Brakes in 2024. The genie is out of the bottle, though they will be stuffing some aspects in a new coffin.

BCB
    I assume the crappie brake rules are no strolling backwards allowed?

BCB

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John B. View Post
    I assume the crappie brake rules are no strolling backwards allowed?
    Can't have them turned on with a bait in the water & if you do, it is considered trolling as stated by a marshall from the Toledo Bend Elite. Personally I don't understand why this would be considered different than if you reverse your front trollmotor, unless there is something stated about the front motor use as well that I don't know about. And NO, i am not planning or wanting to add crappie brakes or Power Pole drift paddles either.
    Last edited by Fishshooter; 02-28-2024 at 01:11 PM.

15. Member

I couldn't have said it better myself.. This is awesome

Hey, let the pros do what ever they want.

Let’s face it, the only reason any of these tours exist is to sell product to us.

Now on my new rig, I went with an expensive but reasonable set up.

1 - 16 HDS Pro at console
    1 - 12 HDS Pro at Bow with AT2
    1 - GN4 Helix 12 CHO with Mega 360
    Power Pole Move with built in HDS ducer.

Set up is great, but also very stream lined.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

17. Member
    Good Grief !!! This horse has been beaten to death. Grow with the sport or stay behind. The beauty of it, everyone gets to choose. Who cares. Come on man, just let the FFS debate die and move on.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JB134 View Post
    Good Grief !!! This horse has been beaten to death. Grow with the sport or stay behind. The beauty of it, everyone gets to choose. Who cares. Come on man, just let the FFS debate die and move on.
    come on man?? is that you joe aka the big guy!1
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishshooter View Post
    Can't have them turned on with a bait in the water & if you do, it is considered trolling as stated by a marshall from the Toledo Bend Elite. Personally I don't understand why this would be considered different than if you reverse your front trollmotor, unless there is something stated about the front motor use as well that I don't know about. And NO, i am not planning or wanting to add crappie brakes or Power Pole drift paddles either.
    I think the definition of trolling is dragging your bait while under power, whether big motor or TM, and not reeling it in. I think if brakes are not allowed then somebody will figure out how to extend power pole lengths for deeper water.

20. Member

BCB
    Hmm be interesting to hear what the lowerance, Garmin and Humingbird have to say about that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast