Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    It was very funny how obvious it was seeing who clearly had to pay retail vs who got their electronics at cost / free.

I think 48” of screen and 4 transducers per boat, ffs or not, would be a good solution to end the arms race.
    Everything is an arms race, *particularly* competitions among kids. Even the more moderate parents spend more on kids’ activities than they would if they weren’t worried about their kids being at the tail end. The parents who want their kids to be at the top will bankrupt themselves before they’ll let the kid fail. And this philosophy, of course, has permeated our culture.

2. Member
    Who decides who pays for kids activities? Or does it just fall on whoever has them that weekend?
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    I saw a kayak on the showroom floor yesterday for $14k that had more electronics on it than I have on my boat.
    Suddenly "us" kayakers don't seem so crazy for what we have in our rigs! I run a top of the line kayak with two graphs, three lithium batteries, a 3hp electric motor on the back, and a custom built kayak trailer and you could buy my entire setup for less than all those guys in the video spent on just their electronics!

Funny thing is I am about to turn all my electronics off and start flipping and pitching! I'll check water temp in the area, and then go into stealth mode. I can't imagine the "ping" noise in the water from three different brands sonar, some boats with three on the trolling motor and then two off the back.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    That's what happens when you print close to 20 trillion dollars of fiat currency and sprinkle it throughout the economy in the last 10 years.
    This is truth, 34 trillion dollars made this economy successful....

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Remember this video when they start talking about how tough it is to make it.
    Exactly while sitting in there giant man cave

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx 201 View Post
    Funny thing is I am about to turn all my electronics off and start flipping and pitching! I'll check water temp in the area, and then go into stealth mode. I can't imagine the "ping" noise in the water from three different brands sonar, some boats with three on the trolling motor and then two off the back.
    Not a bad plan………
    2007 Ranger188vs, Mercury optimax 150

8. Member
    Get a part time job at Bass Pro Shops.
    Lowrance has an "employee" discount of 50%!

I think Garmin and Humminbird offer the same to BPS employees.

9. Member
    They spend the same amount as I do ! AS MUCH AS THEY WANT TO ! ! But I don't have 5 livescopes either, cause I don't want to or have to !

10. Member
    Maybe all that pinging will run them to the bank where I can catch one.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dontr20x View Post

12. Member
    If you guys didn't get FFS with your stimulus checks like everybody else then I don't know what to tell you at this point.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    1 screen for the rear left FFS transducer. 1 screen for the rear right FFS transducer. 1 screen for mapping. 1 screen for SI/DI. Ya know just in case the live ducers miss anything.
    You won't need anything electronics on your boat. Just follow that guy and the fish will be glowing!
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

14. Member
    Stimulus checks must been nice to get free money. I make to much so my tax bracket just pays for all that hand out money.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dontr20x View Post
    I think bank fish will get less pressure, which could produce better results.

The open water fish getting more pressure could result in smaller and smaller bags.

Regardless, I don’t see it sending a mass of fish to the bank. Mainly because it doesn’t have or can’t support the food source.

I don’t know how it shakes out, but things will change.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LateralLine View Post
    Yea, you would think in 20 years the prize money would have went way up. Look at Golf!
    Well it kind of has when you figure both tours...

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass.man65 View Post
    I will say something is seriously wrong with the payout when they are only fishing for $100,000 and need $50,000 in electronics. 20 years ago the won the same $100,000 with less than a $1,000 in electronics.
    We need a LIV Bass Fishing sponsorship.
    If guys are fishing for a million dollars more people will pay attention. A little tweaking in the coverage and it could happen.
    I know guys say they'll never watch if that happens but bet your ass pro's will respond to that kind of money. That kind of money is penny's to Saudi backers.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    If you guys didn't get FFS with your stimulus checks like everybody else then I don't know what to tell you at this point.
    Damn and I spent mine on beer...great post!!

19. Member
    Costs as much if not more than the motors hung off the back. Wow!

20. Member
    He should ask them what their top speed is with all that junk on the bow.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast