Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

How much do the elites have in their electronics?

2. Member
    if you dont want to watch miniums about $20k with some guys saying around $50k.. atleast fast forward and look for Bryan Schmidts boat

3. Member
    And truth be known, he runs Everstart Batteries.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

4. Member
    I figured they all have around $20k but 50k kind of blew my mind but at the same time i had never seen Bryans Schmitt set up.. he has 4 at the console.. Didnt know lots of them were running saltwater transducers either. No telling what else they arent telling us..

Bryan New states a few times how he feels about it, funny to hear them talk about it like that too

5. Member
    And that matters to the average guy , how ? How many guys are gonna spend 20k plus on electronics ??
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

6. Member
    Dont know where you are located but the weekend warriors around here will.. Never seen so many brand new boats, almost all got multiple screens around here..

7. Member
    Maybe that is the direction BASS should go next year. Limit the graphs. 2 screens up front and 2 at the console.

8. Member
    Seth Feider just anncounce in a very quick blip on soical media he has join the rear ducer crow running two in the rear.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basshammerwannabe View Post
    Dont know where you are located but the weekend warriors around here will.. Never seen so many brand new boats, almost all got multiple screens around here..
    heck even the high school tournaments now.. I know 90% are parents' boats but dang. I remember when college/high school fishing started, you fished in what you had or what you could borrow. Unbelievable the changes in the last 10 years.

10. Member
    It was very funny how obvious it was seeing who clearly had to pay retail vs who got their electronics at cost / free.

I think 48” of screen and 4 transducers per boat, ffs or not, would be a good solution to end the arms race.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

11. Member
    I was surprised at how many were running an additional garmin saltwater transducer up front. Fajita and Martin were the only 2 I heard about having it last year. Looked like 75% of the ones he talked to have it now.

Seems like all we’re running live out the back - either 1 or 2. I guess it just has better separation than side scan?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    And that matters to the average guy , how ? How many guys are gonna spend 20k plus on electronics ??
    I saw a 16’ aluminum boat on the road yesterday with every bit of that. 3 12’s up front and a 16 at the console. Granted, it was a nice, new War Eagle, but still.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bayouXpress View Post
    heck even the high school tournaments now.. I know 90% are parents' boats but dang. I remember when college/high school fishing started, you fished in what you had or what you could borrow. Unbelievable the changes in the last 10 years.
    That's what happens when you print close to 20 trillion dollars of fiat currency and sprinkle it throughout the economy in the last 10 years.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bayouXpress View Post
    The high school/college fishing is what changed fishing.. but yes changes have been crazy

15. Member
    Why in the hell does Bryan Schmitt need 4 screens at the console.

Man I love the KJ Qeen van life setup lol.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 218_fishing View Post
    Why in the hell does Bryan Schmitt need 4 screens at the console.

Man I love the KJ Qeen van life setup lol.
    1 screen for the rear left FFS transducer. 1 screen for the rear right FFS transducer. 1 screen for mapping. 1 screen for SI/DI. Ya know just in case the live ducers miss anything.

Great video! I like how most of these guys seem to be a bit embarrassed about the extravagance of it... their body language, nervous laughter. And some just outright admitting how ridiculous it is.
    But they know it's necessary to be competitive.

Some of the estimates seem low - but once you reach a certain point, what's a few (thousand) dollars more... am I right?

Remember this video when they start talking about how tough it is to make it.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CastingCall View Post
    Great video! I like how most of these guys seem to be a bit embarrassed about the extravagance of it... their body language, nervous laughter. And some just outright admitting how ridiculous it is.
    But they know it's necessary to be competitive.

Some of the estimates seem low - but once you reach a certain point, what's a few (thousand) dollars more... am I right?
    Yep

20. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    I doubt they are paying full retail. I’ve got a buddy that spent so much time to get 30% off Lowrance with social media, blah blah. And he doesn’t fish anything at a higher level than local stuff. And I definitely would not buy anything because he uses it so I’d imagine guys at the pro level get an even better discount and free for some. Some of the guys made the statement at retail your probably looking at X dollars cause they don’t know. I bought a new lowrance from a pro one time and he said they just send me so many a year.
    Last edited by GOTTA BIG SACK; 02-27-2024 at 09:40 AM.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast