will a 200 evenrude vindicator lowerunit fit a 225 ficht

I am purchacing a 225 ficht 1999 model E2255FPXEEO to replace my 200 evenrude vindicator 1996 model E200STLEOA>>>>Nothing is wrong with the ficht, just its a 25" lower unit and the vindicator on my sprint 207 is 20".....My cousin is getting a new Suzuki 225 4 stroke and is selling me his ficht for 1500. and he is gonna help me take mine off and put his motor on mine..... I would get a jack plate but not sure about how the added stress might be on my transom...anyideas on the swap out or compatibility is appreciated

2. Member
    Use your mid and swap the ficht powerhead
    Over,look at the parts breakdown and compare
    powerhead adapters etc and see what all you
    need to swap.Do not do the 25" mid on your
    boat.
    What are you doing with the 200 powerhead?
    I may be interested.

3. Member
    haven't thought about it, probably parting out... i know the motor cover sells for a good bit and the starter is new... make an offer and ill think about it and let you know!... Do you know if I can use my vindicator stuff on the ficht to make it 20"?

4. Member
    Looks like both the ficht and the vindicator use the same exhaust housing to powerhead adapter so it should bolt right on.the shifter shaft and drive shaft would need to be verified.
    I would have to look them up as well but championman can probably tell you right off
    when he comes on.I would look but my break
    is over and I got to go to work.lol

5. Member
    Thanks bro. i found a lower for the ficht on ebay and put that model number in boat.net search and it said something like 1991 - 2005 looper, ficht.... so i believe it will work too.. Appreciate your reply

6. Member
    If ou are interested in the power head, shoot me a fair bid, i can meet you so it doesnt have to be shipped.... i will drive no more than 2 hours though...