Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Ok guys I got the waterpump changed but I could not find in my book what the plugs are gapped,and cannot find the torque specs for the impeller cover,? I’m thinking 11 falls????

2. Member
    Gap info is in this FAQ topic - Oil, Battery, Spark Plugs, Fuel and Fuel Additive Recommendations

.032 - .033 for 75 - 115hp Optimax. Post #4 in the previously linked water pump topic says 40in lbs for cover.
    Last edited by SilverFox579; 03-05-2024 at 07:07 AM.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Member
    Thanks so much

4. Member
    Need some quick advice ,I got the pump changed and put the power back up no problem with a small tun of the flywheel but when I put it in foward I can turn the prop and get clicking I put in nuetral no problems put in reverse it locks like I guess it should I dropped it down and checked everything and there’s no way I missed the gear housing because it is enclosed in the lower unit making it impossible to move ,is the clicking normal? I can’t put the hose on it yet because it’s 35 degrees today and I kinda think it was like this from new? What say you please?

5. Member
    I'm not personally familiar with 1.5L Optimax lower so will defer to the pros for response.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    In FORWARD the prop should lock COUNTER-CLOCKWISE. In Reverse, it should lock CLOCKWISE.

In neutral, it should spin FREELY.

If you turn the prop the wrong way in FORWARD, it may ratchet the clutch dog.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Good deal thank you sir I got it right then,I know when I did my 175 ego it locked both way i appreciate your help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12