Throttle handle removal help

2020 mercury 115hp

Hello,

There is a small tab with two screws on the inside of the throttle handle I need to tighten. It seems I need to remove the handle to do so. Is there any tricks to getting the throttle only button out without damaging?

Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Push the round button in and advance throttle to just beyond the FWD Detent.

Carefully pry the button out with a small screwdriver (working your way around it). They can be replaced if broken, but usually come out fine if done as described.

Return to the NEUTRAL position.

Remove center bolt (11/16" shallow socket).

Remove handle

Remove white nylon sleeve

Reassembly is reverse of removal- blue liquid loctite on center bolt.

If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 02-26-2024 at 06:23 PM.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thank you, sorry about the lack of serial number

I found a trick that may be helpful to other members, I’d like to pass along

With the button depressed and the lever in the forward positiin. I attached a piece of tape to it which allowed the ridge of the button to be exposed and there is a small screwdriver slot in the side of the button. This allowed the button to be removed easily and without damage to either the button or the handle.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor