Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Traities/Wheeler

Since so many Traities here love to piggyback her jealousy of Wheeler, and drag his name through the mud, can anyone tell me how he was cheating yesterday? Or are you going to give him this one? Or should i have waited for the next podcast to come out first, before making this post?

2. Member
    I think basically everyone on here in that other post said Wheeler was the #1 angler right now. Funny way of dragging him through the mud.

3. Member
    Whats equally annoying are the wheeler fans who defend every move of their beloved like he’s the bass fishing messiah.

no one ever said he cheats every tournament. What people have said, including those in the industry, is he’s done shady crap. But since they don’t drop to their knees to service wheeler whenever trait speaks out they’re labled as haters. Just today’s mentality. Either be a yes man or you’re a hater and your opinion doesn’t matter.

Those who has said he’s shady also believe he’s the best right now. I’m sure the few who magically started appearing out of the woodworks on every wheeler thread but never posts on any other thread will be along shortly.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

4. Member
    Evansville, Indiana and Eddyville, Kentucky
    What ever format you like, he is pretty good.

5. Member

Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Whats equally annoying are the wheeler fans who defend every move of their beloved like he’s the bass fishing messiah.

no one ever said he cheats every tournament. What people have said, including those in the industry, is he’s done shady crap.

There's two that come to my mind. One is the time at Lake Cumberland when he was fishing a cable that was tied to a dock and all docks at the marina was off limits. He said technically he was not fishing the dock he was fishing the cable attached to it. Then there's the time when when GPS coordinate was accidently not erased form a boat in one of the MLF events where they all use the same 18ft boats rigged identical and he somehow magically found all the exact same spots the previous day competitor had fished on his own. I'm thinking there's a lot more shady things but thats what I recall right now...and for the record even with me thinking he is being shady he's defiantly the #1 bass tournament angler right now. I don't want people to think I'm hating on Wheeler. I think he's on hell of a fisherman but I also think he has done some shady crap. There's a fine line between outright cheating and fishing in the grey area. Most anglers don't want to even go close to the grey area and Wheeler seems to have no problem.

7. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    There's two that come to my mind. One is the time at Lake Cumberland when he was fishing a cable that was tied to a dock and all docks at the marina was off limits. He said technically he was not fishing the dock he was fishing the cable attached to it. Then there's the time when when GPS coordinate was accidently not erased form a boat in one of the MLF events where they all use the same 18ft boats rigged identical and he somehow magically found all the exact same spots the previous day competitor had fished on his own. I'm thinking there's a lot more shady things but thats what I recall right now...and for the record even with me thinking he is being shady he's defiantly the #1 bass tournament angler right now. I don't want people to think I'm hating on Wheeler. I think he's on hell of a fisherman but I also think he has done some shady crap. There's a fine line between outright cheating and fishing in the grey area. Most anglers don't want to even go close to the grey area and Wheeler seems to have no problem.
    Man, got to say this is pretty weak crap. I have yet to hear in solid proof if his shady actions and more of a lot of people are jealous of his abilities
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    Man, got to say this is pretty weak crap. I have yet to hear in solid proof if his shady actions and more of a lot of people are jealous of his abilities
    the cables is definitely a gray area, but I agree that the coordinates is a stretch.

it just boils down to a persons conscience and what they believe is right.

Some believe that if it’s not spelled out to the gnats butt, then it’s fair game to find loop holes to gain an advantage. With the dock cables, they aren’t a permanent feature so it can be interpreted as fair game, regardless of if the cast goes within the marina limits.

others believe the rules are black and white, and the spirit rules supersedes opinions. If the rules say the Marina docks are off limits, then without hesitation that means the attached cables are part of the marina and therefore off limits. In other words, the Seth Feider way of thinking, and I fully agree with him. You may not and that’s alright, the world would be boring with yes men.

Here’s a real life example. over the weekend we told my mom to stop kissing our 1yo daughter on the face because she was just getting over the cold. My mom then started kissing the back of her head and putting her face against hers to talk. Her lips were still touching our daughter’s face. She threw a fit when we told her to stop because we “just said no kissing and she wasn’t technically kissing”.

Common sense (Feider mindset) says just don’t put your mouth on our daughter’s head/face.

Intentional interpretation (Wheelers mind set) She knew full well what she was doing but because we just said “kissing” we were in the wrong for getting mad at her.
    Last edited by ECobb91; 02-26-2024 at 06:31 PM.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

9. Member
    Agree kinda weak, maybe there is more.

Some marinas on our lakes here in Kentucky have signs No Fishing Within XX feet of the docks. They basically don't want you fishing in the vicinity of the dock. I'm surprised the marina at Cumberland didn't specify a distance. Green River Lake State park marina has the entire bay off limits to fishing unless you are a paying patron. If you are fishing inside the specified distance of the marina on our local lake, you will have the sheriff called out and possibly find yourself in court.

I've heard about some Preacher story involving Wheeler, but have no idea what it's about.

11. Member
    If there was an iota of proof we would have seen it by now. Fact is he's not a cheater, he's a helluva fisherman that may be the best today. With that a lot of jealousy from those on a different circuit that he left and those that for some reason thinks fans should be tied to one league or the other.

He’s let others take his boat during off limits and put gps coordinates on it. When told he couldn’t do that, he let them go in another boat then downloaded the gps coordinates to his own graph. So I’ve been told.

13. Member
    Dude is like the fishing version of LeBron... haters gonna hate and the reason they do is because the spotlight belongs to these guys.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp
    2022 Mercury 225 ProXs 3B171157

14. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jp71291 View Post
    He’s let others take his boat during off limits and put gps coordinates on it. When told he couldn’t do that, he let them go in another boat then downloaded the gps coordinates to his own graph. So I’ve been told.
    so I’ve been told? what bulls**t
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

15. Member
    I think he is a very good fisherman. I do think he and his "group" share way more info between themselves than they are legally permitted to do. There have been just too many polygraph issues with him for there not to be something there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBarBack View Post
    Dude is like the fishing version of LeBron... haters gonna hate and the reason they do is because the spotlight belongs to these guys.
    Nah, Wheeler can fish and Bron is just a whiny look me bitch that's lost 6 finals and been swept, unlike the goat.

He’s good but dirty. There will always be that question in the back of my mind. Kinda like a dating a woman who refuses to stop texting an ex boyfriend to exchange waypoints. Lol
    Bad spellers of the world untie!

18. Member
    I know a local well who when he fished was by far be the best on Cumberland & a couple local legends on Dale Hollow including Billy Westmoreland when i worked down there said he was a force to be reckoned with there too & he could compete pretty much anywhere he went. He was accused behind his back of course of every kind of crap you can imagine when the simple fact is he was just on another level in fishing & deer hunting both back then. He's by far the best i've ever been in a boat with bar none period. There are some great fishermen on cumberland now but the ones that remember him will tell you he's still the best that's ever been on cumberland period. How much do you think the local guides on Dale Hollow talked about Billy Westmoreland behind his back & said all kinds of crap about him too? Simple fact is he was just way better than they were too just like Wheeler is than most any pro right now on tour.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Nah, Wheeler can fish and Bron is just a whiny look me bitch that's lost 6 finals and been swept, unlike the goat.
    And thinks he's better than Jordan was too but he's not close.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post

no one ever said he cheats every tournament. What people have said, including those in the industry, is he’s done shady crap. But since they don’t drop to their knees to service wheeler whenever trait speaks out they’re labled as haters. Just today’s mentality. Either be a yes man or you’re a hater and your opinion doesn’t matter.

Those who has said he’s shady also believe he’s the best right now. I’m sure the few who magically started appearing out of the woodworks on every wheeler thread but never posts on any other thread will be along shortly.
    I think it’s fair to say the overwhelming majority of complaints against him have been factually shot down. He’s not only been approved by MLF/BPT, he’s been approved by B.A.S.S.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast