Trailer bearings, brake pad, etc. maintenance intervals?

Is there a recommended maintenance interval for Marine Master trailer bearings, brake pads, etc? I have a 2019 dual axle trailer with shocks. Fish quite a bit (for Michigan) but rarely tow more than 25 miles one-way.

Marine master only makes the trailer. Not any of the brake components or lighting.

Vault hubs will go at least 10 yrs in my experience. You want to check your bearings for play. Check seals to see if they are not leaking on a regular basis. Replace and adjust as needed. You do this by getting your wheels off the ground. At this time visually inspect your rotors and calipers/pads. Make sure the master cylinder is full. Most guys never look at these things until the trailer is on the side of the road.

I used to trailer boats down hwy 1 in Baja. Trailer bearings and seals were a big deal and replaced or inspected before every trip. I still follow that practice even now. I have never been stuck on the side of the road with a bearing issue. Knock on Wood!

Pick a schedule that works for you depending on how often you use the boat.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Member
    I had a 2014 model with roughly 20,000 to 25,000 miles on it. Had issue with a vaulted hub around year 5 fixed under warranty. Never another issue. I watched and listened only. Did not proactively start changing things. Honestly, my luck with proactive maintenance on things has been 50/50 since 2020. Had I not bought a new boat, I would have started proactive maintenance because I don't like being broke down either.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

4. Member
    I would be more worried about checking/ replacing the brake pads than the bearings. The pads are know to deteriorate. I keep a spare set of pads with me all the time.
    2023 Phoenix 21 PHX
    Yamaha SHO S/N 6KWL 1004324

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duncankopprichardson View Post
    I would be more worried about checking/ replacing the brake pads than the bearings. The pads are know to deteriorate. I keep a spare set of pads with me all the time.
    This^^ Never head out on a trip without a spare set of brake pads

6. Member
    As far as the vault hubs, watch the center of each hub. When everything is correct, the center sticks out maybe 3/16 to 1/4". When it starts moving inward you have lost some grease, meaning you have a small leak. Either the seal or the hub. Either way it will be visible with a grease film or worst case a seal blow out. The hubs will get a film on them as the age, the seal in it seeping.
    Brakes are like you're car, they wear according to use. Unless you have a caliper failure.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duncankopprichardson View Post
    I just put on new pads last year and had one of em break this year. UGH.
    Matthew 6:33
    2020 921elite