Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I appreciate all the info guys. Still not 100% on where we are going, but most likely it'll be to Green Valley and 12 Mile.

2. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coreynov902 View Post
    I appreciate all the info guys. Still not 100% on where we are going, but most likely it'll be to Green Valley and 12 Mile.
    Can’t go wrong there. Two really good lakes close to each other
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

If your looking for bigger fish, I'll throw out Rathbun Reservoir. You won't get high numbers of small and intermediate fish. But it does contain a good population of big bass. Last summer fished out there for 2 days and caught around a dozen 5 and 6lb fish. There is zero grass, so you have to stick to offshore structural elements, rock piles and isolated brush piles. Decent size lake but mainly focused on mid lake to the dam. Cleaner and cooler water in the summer time.

2012 Ranger z521
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JACQUART21 View Post
    If your looking for bigger fish, I'll throw out Rathbun Reservoir. You won't get high numbers of small and intermediate fish. But it does contain a good population of big bass. Last summer fished out there for 2 days and caught around a dozen 5 and 6lb fish. There is zero grass, so you have to stick to offshore structural elements, rock piles and isolated brush piles. Decent size lake but mainly focused on mid lake to the dam. Cleaner and cooler water in the summer time.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I know years ago that Rathbun was a place that was known for not catching numbers, but catching size. Looks like that is still about the same. I think we are zeroed in on going to Green Valley and 12 Mile this year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12