Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Float n _______ is coming for FFS users.

it's coming. We will see a float and bait set up pitched to finicky fish. Imagine under negative conditions, tossing that little bait or a wacky rigged senko out and letting it settle just above the fish. Any movement at all and the senko waggles in their face. Scope the fish and see that he is sitting 10' down. Just slide the bobbler stop to 9' and toss passed the fish. Let it settle and wait.

it already works. Something weedless set at 2' and pitched to shore cover. Settle and twitch. Slide bobber stop and repeat. A great way to put a fast five in the box. Can't tell you how many our high school kids catch with a wacky rigged, Yum dinger with a weedless hook. Slide it thru the cover and let it dangle. They have a blast and we don't stay hung up all day.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    That would be hilarious watching bass pros fish with a bobber
    Thanos was the hero

Its strange how FFS is making bass fishermen adopt tactics that walleye, trout, panfish, and musky fishermen have used for decades.

4. Member
    Shades of ice fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    People tuning in to stare at a bobber on tv.

6. Member
    I can see it now, we’ll be debating on which company makes a better bobber.

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    1000% better than watching a televised presidential debate.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    Have you ever watched "bobber down" steelhead and salmon river fishing clips on YouTube? Watching a bobber can be more exciting than you think depending upon the circumstances.

9. Member
    Float and fly fishing can be a blast

10. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I remember growing up watching Roland Martin fishing with a bobber and liver shiners on Okeechobee. That was 1000 times better than watching the current FFS tournaments.
    Thanos was the hero

11. Member
    I'll try to get some footage on Wednesday if the wind isn't too bad.

12. Member
    cant believe they dont already do it.. guess they havent needed too.. 20 years ago i remember running out of minnows while crappie fishing in the dead of winter, really cold out. ended up putting a jig head and crappie plastic on with a bobber and could sit it above those christmas trees just right and i caught more bass on accident doing that in winter then on any other bait.. still catch them like that until this day.. I always bring it in the winter now, can throw numerous bass lures first and this as a last resort and it catches them

Did see Scott martin at Lay lake last year.. He had a bobber on with a small keitech... call it want you want to but if it works it works

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    It would be. Mercer was already poking about how weve gone to fishing like crappie fishermen with little crappie jigs and stuff. A bobber would bring it full circle

14. Member
    Now that I can use a float, as we call them in the south, I may go bass fishing!

15. Member
    I think it is surprising it hasn't been used yet as well. You can retrieve it as slowly as you want without having it sink past the fish- kind of a no-brainer. I've used my Aqua-View hand held camera to see how deep crappie were holding, then I set the indicator that deep and started wacking them- crappie are suckers for things in their face, and bass can be the same way.

16. Member
    You aren’t wrong, I think this will be a legit technique. It’s already a big player out in the Shasta tournaments in Northern California, and weirdly it kind of seems like more of a big fish vs an average fish technique.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

17. Member
    Now you've done it, just had to put it out there on a fishing forum didn't you.

18. Member
    You can sure pull fish out of cypress knees with weedless senko just hanging there. Pull it and it bounces off the next stobb. Crazy fun. Leave no root unturned.

For decades during the summer, the local outdoors papers at the cabin posted the big fish that were caught - most by resorters, and mostly all "on a bobber and jig with a twister tail".
    Not just pike, walleyes, and crappies, but big bass too. It's nothing new.
    But if a pro does it one time during a tourney, it will no doubt be "a game changer"! lol

20. Member
    Fished a Bass Nation event a couple of weeks ago from the back deck, and the boater used a float and fly several times throughout the day.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast