Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Nose blind is a real thing. Many will swear it doesn't smell. I don't have a dog or cat and I have a decent nose. I'd bet a quarter I can step into most any house and quickly know if they have a dog or cat. I get that you are used to it. There is a guy here at work that truly has no idea that his covered in dog hair today. People believe what they believe.
    That's hair blindness....totally different.
    Hi Mike.

2. Member
    You really do get attached to em.... never had one growing up but the wife and I are on our second one now. Pretty low maintenance pets and ours makes me laugh on a daily basis.
    "We all have it commin kid....." Will Munny

I grew up with cats for as long as I can remember back. My mom loved cats and so did I. That was until I got my first dog. My dog was amazing, so much more friendly to others, showed more affection to others, would go fishing with me, etc. All cats that I have known / owned were loyal to one person. They have one person and all others could disappear and they'd be happy. And anyone that has a cat, please tell me how often you can bathe them, take them to the vets, etc. without getting a claw / bite?

Do I miss my cats, sure I do. For me, if I were to ever own another pet it would be a dog. Only because you can take a dog on walks, to the lake, on the water, train them in more ways than a cat, etc.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

4. Member
    Safer than a Gila monster
    Hi Mike.

5. Member
    haha im not a cat person either but every once in a while you find a cool cat. We have quite a few strays on our work parking lot.. I can go out and whistle and one will come from a long ways like its a dog. it wont get close but it comes up meowing, i give her a can of food every few days.

6. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Had a big, orange tabby years ago whose favorite thing was going for rides on a 4-wheeler.

If he was within earshot when I cranked it up, he was pretty much instantly up on the front rack and ready to go.
    Who controls John Gill?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by avidbasser View Post
    I grew up with cats for as long as I can remember back. My mom loved cats and so did I. That was until I got my first dog. My dog was amazing, so much more friendly to others, showed more affection to others, would go fishing with me, etc. All cats that I have known / owned were loyal to one person. They have one person and all others could disappear and they'd be happy. And anyone that has a cat, please tell me how often you can bathe them, take them to the vets, etc. without getting a claw / bite?

Do I miss my cats, sure I do. For me, if I were to ever own another pet it would be a dog. Only because you can take a dog on walks, to the lake, on the water, train them in more ways than a cat, etc.
    We had a chocolate point Siamese cat for over 18 years, and she loved everybody and was really a sweet and smart cat, very vocal too. She was an indoor cat so we never had to bath her, used to take her to the vet once a year for a check up and shots (I'm in the wrong business) ! Used to have to grab her from behind and put her in her carrier, at that point she would howl all the way to the vet, thankfully the vet was near by. If you grab her from behind and hold her front legs, she can't bite you, even if she wanted to. We miss her alot !

8. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    a cat and a laser pointer are tons of fun..............

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post

We had a wiry old female that would try to scale walls chasing the red dot

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DylanSam View Post
    My cat does not approve of this post!

Attachment 543892
    Looks just like our cat. I just came back from visiting and he was SO happy to see me cause I've always spoiled him. Ex got the cat and I got the dog but I get to see him for a while longer (at least until we sell the house).

I like cats AND dogs but I have to confess I'm not crazy about the feral/barn cats that pee on stuff around my house and leave kitty nuggets under the shrubs. That does nothing for the dog's breath
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

11. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar

^^^ and he looks just like the ATV-riding one I had.
    Who controls John Gill?

12. Member
    I like cats and dogs as long as they stay outside. I don’t like them in restaurants or stores and would never eat in homes that has them. Every see the hair under a black lite. Just me. Not trying to argue.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    Had a big, orange tabby years ago whose favorite thing was going for rides on a 4-wheeler.

If he was within earshot when I cranked it up, he was pretty much instantly up on the front rack and ready to go.
    That is awesome.

14. Member
    I have a ton of fun with my fishing pole and a jig with the hook cut off. Sometimes spooling up a reel can be a pain though.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHERNYANKEE View Post
    I like cats and dogs as long as they stay outside. I don’t like them in restaurants or stores and would never eat in homes that has them. Every see the hair under a black lite. Just me. Not trying to argue.
    Are you a germaphobe by any chance? I've eaten so much dirt and misc. roughage in my life my stomach wouldn't know what to do without it.
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

16. Member
    I never liked them much Either. Then one day 2 years ago I pulled in to my spot at work and heard a terrible noise from underneath. This tiny kitten rode 34 miles at 70 between the fuel tank and bed. She was not happy. She was still there when it was time to go home so I got under there and grabbed her. About 4 weeks old. Word from the neighbor kids was Mom had a litter of 6, 1 died, and mom ran off with the other 4. This one that found me was the runt. So, now I have a litter box. She's still tiny at 2 yrs old. But I take her and my dog everywhere, even camping.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie Poke View Post
    My wife and I have never had a cat. I'm 63 and she is 62. Our son needed help with his cat due to travel and his apartment was not a good quality of life for Kyra. His GF has a dog that pesters Kyra non-stop. We've had this feline since a week before Thanksgiving, and I cannot believe that I'm saying I've grown a little attached. Still hate 'em, though. We've always been a dog family. Both of my kids got cats when they left home. I still don't even understand how that happened. Anyways, she's a calico cat and quite social. Always is scared when strangers come in but warms up to them pretty quick. Our son will have a very hard time getting his cat back now. My wife has fell in love with the little ball of furr, and Kyra loves momma back just the same. We'll see how it all shakes out when I get my dog in the fall.....I'll get even with them dayyum wimmins!

Attachment 543878Attachment 543879Attachment 543880
    Good on you owning it I get a lot of the takes in this thread and cats are not my thing, but pets in general come with an eliminate of hygiene management issues. We are currently pet-less (after 30 years) and dang it's so easily to keep clean floors now. At 55, and extremely active, the companionship isn't worth the hassle.
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

Never had a cat until about a year ago one started hanging around. Now I let her in at night and she likes to sleep with her head on my shoulder and legs wraped around my arm.
    Kitty.jpg
    Kitty3.JPG
    Kitty2.JPG

P01135809

19. Member
    That's a heartwarming story, OP!
    I also have a calico cat named Pixie, and I can attest to their charm and unique personalities.
    The superstitions and spiritual meanings associated with them say they bring good luck and protect against evil spirits. So you might want to keep her. I don't know what you should say to your son. If not, maybe adopt a new one. You already have experience with them, so you won't regret it. In case you decide to leave her or get a new one, you can read more about their spiritual meaning on chi-nese.com. So you'll be more informed about your new member of the family.
    Last edited by chopshop07; 03-07-2024 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XRD View Post
    I never liked them much Either. Then one day 2 years ago I pulled in to my spot at work and heard a terrible noise from underneath. This tiny kitten rode 34 miles at 70 between the fuel tank and bed. She was not happy. She was still there when it was time to go home so I got under there and grabbed her. About 4 weeks old. Word from the neighbor kids was Mom had a litter of 6, 1 died, and mom ran off with the other 4. This one that found me was the runt. So, now I have a litter box. She's still tiny at 2 yrs old. But I take her and my dog everywhere, even camping.
    We lived on a farm and there were always 'barn cats' around despite our efforts to spay/neuter. I had a little Mazda pickup and more than once, a cat would make the 20 mile ride to where I worked riding under the truck somewhere.
    Nitro Z8 / 250 Pro XS Optimax

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast