Tour pro now going backwards after warranty repair

I have a nearly new tour pro. Got it back from the repair shop for warranty replacement of darn near everything on it (water got inside it). Long story short she is now in reverse. What did they do that is causing the issue? I will take it back but wondering how easy the fix will be. I had to wait about 3 months on parts to get it fixed the first time only to find out it’s not going in the right direction.

2. Member
    It seems to be it's got to be reversed polarity. Electrical people/Catfan, will a brushed motor run backward with reversed polarity? There's a connection just under the top over where the wires feeding the motor just plug together. It could be as simple as those plugged in wrong.

3. Member
    I am not perfectly clear on Reverse. Is It running in reverse? Prop spinning backwards. Is it indicating it is in reverse, but going forward: Is it turning in reverse. Right is left and left is right? Each of these have different fixes.

4. Member
    There’s no reverse on the motor. It’s running the prop backwards (not spinning in the correct direction)

5. Member
    Is it directly wired to the boat or plug in to the boat. Sounds like someone switched to of the leads as dc motors will run either direction depending on how they are wired.

6. Member
    I may be wrong, but I think if the power leads were reversed it would fry the control boards. But if the leads in the head were reversed then it would turn the prop in reverse.
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

7. Member
    the power leads are reversed. if they replaced the brushes more than likely reversed at the brush plate. probably could reverse the output at the controller but i would call them and have them do it correctly. they also need to check for damage to the brushes and commutator. if you ran it very long it could have cause some arc damage.

8. Member
    Figured it out. Poles were switched on the plug from what I had it. Could not see it clearly in the dark last night.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by procraftokie View Post
    Figured it out. Poles were switched on the plug from what I had it. Could not see it clearly in the dark last night.
    Glad you figured it out and it was an easy fix.

10. Member
    I want to be clear on this. You talking about the plug from the control board to the motor Right?
    The power plug hooked backwards would not allow the troll motor to turn on.

11. Member
    Well it is not the wiring. Spoke too soon. Heading to the dept shop tomorrow. ��*♂️

12. Member
    Well it is not the wiring. Spoke too soon. Heading to the dept shop tomorrow. ��*♂️
    I bet is whoever hooked the wires up on the plug that connects the motor to the control board are in backwards.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    I bet is whoever hooked the wires up on the plug that connects the motor to the control board are in backwards.
    Bingo… exactly what happened. Back going forward now.