Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ike and Randy Agree on FFS?

Looks like Ike is joining Randy’s club on FFS. Read his latest Facebook post. Very interesting.

2. dartag1829
    90th place finish will do that. Problem is the season has started. Didn't he think this was coming. Kind of late now. Connell said he did nothing but learn FFS in the offseason. Your right Randy will be happy for him.

3. Member
    More and more will be siding with Randy before this year is over.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouBoogie View Post
    More and more will be siding with Randy before this year is over.
    Just the bottom 50 that shouldn't be there in the first place.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    Just the bottom 50 that shouldn't be there in the first place.
    100%. The older guys that are no longer competitive will 100% hop on the anti ffs bandwagon, and rile up the Randy crowd who I’m convinced don’t even fish tournaments anyways
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

6. Member
    Ike realizing he's going to never have a Bass camera in his boat again??
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

7. Member
    Matt Herran just released a video. He said 75 percent of pros don't want ffs. I'm sure that percentage is tied to age.

8. Member
    There's plenty of young guys on the elites that hate FFS too. Cobb almost won AOY last year and didn't turn on his active target until the northern swing.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

9. Member
    FFS must have caught him off guard. I mean, who could have seen it coming?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bparanoid View Post
    FFS must have caught him off guard. I mean, who could have seen it coming?
    That’s what blows my mind. These guys are professional fisherman, they were well aware the technology was coming and being used successfully, and they act like it’s a new deal this year they never got a chance to learn. Maybe don’t brag about spending the entire offseason in a deer stand and get better at your craft.

11. Member
    Boom. Get better with it or hang it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    That’s what blows my mind. These guys are professional fisherman, they were well aware the technology was coming and being used successfully, and they act like it’s a new deal this year they never got a chance to learn. Maybe don’t brag about spending the entire offseason in a deer stand and get better at your craft.
    No kidding, I'm just a nobody and I've had it for 5 years and have spent a lot of time using it and trying to get better with it. The old dudes hating it crack me up because their entire livelihood is made up of selling the tech and using it.

Last year I heard nothing about FFS from any of my buddies in our local smaller club. Lots of bellyaching this year. I’m mid 30s so my circle isn’t old. Most of us fished the same years JLee and wheeler were coming up. The more it takes over tournament fishing, the more you are gonna see a pushback from people. The social media suggestion I keep seeing over and over on Ike’s post is allowing it in practice but not on tourney days.

I’ve told myself for years that it would be situational and not required to kick butt, but I’m starting to think that’s not the case now…

Ive had some great tourney years with it, but honest to goodness I don’t know what I would vote for if I were asked to keep it or get rid of it in the events I fish

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    Looks like Ike is joining Randy’s club on FFS. Read his latest Facebook post. Very interesting.

WTF did you read, he said nothing about wanting it banned. You drama trolls are ridiculous.

.IMG_8528.png

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot-a-saurus View Post
    Last year I heard nothing about FFS from any of my buddies in our local smaller club. Lots of bellyaching this year. I’m mid 30s so my circle isn’t old. Most of us fished the same years JLee and wheeler were coming up. The more it takes over tournament fishing, the more you are gonna see a pushback from people. The social media suggestion I keep seeing over and over on Ike’s post is allowing it in practice but not on tourney days.

I’ve told myself for years that it would be situational and not required to kick butt, but I’m starting to think that’s not the case now…

Ive had some great tourney years with it, but honest to goodness I don’t know what I would vote for if I were asked to keep it or get rid of it in the events I fish
    I think it’s about 4/5 years too late to ban it now. Let’s take this tournament. Clearly the fish weren’t up, and it was basically a winter tournament. Would we really want to see guys struggling to catch 5 suspended bass on the timber without ffs when these fish are already getting pressured with pinpoint accuracy from recreational and smaller tournament fisherman? Is it that exciting to watch guys win with 15 pounds per day vs a century belt?

16. Member
    I read it, and he basically said that he fished the wrong areas at TB and needs to work harder on learning how to utilize FFS in order to do better. Personally, I am not an FFS fan, but I didn't read anything from him condemning it.

I reminded him that people were catching 20 lbs a day the old way before FFS. Why has FFS made that harder?

P01135809

18. Member
    WTF did you read? Roosterman said nothing about a ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    WTF did you read, he said nothing about wanting it banned. You drama trolls are ridiculous.

.IMG_8528.png

19. Member
    It is really sad you can’t have an opinion that tournament fishing was better and a lot more fun before FFS without getting disrespected and trashed on.
    BassCat Cougar FTD / Mercury 250 ProXS
    Lowrance / Garmin

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    100%. The older guys that are no longer competitive will 100% hop on the anti ffs bandwagon, and rile up the Randy crowd who I’m convinced don’t even fish tournaments anyways
    why is it only the "OLD GUYS" that dont like it ?? There are lots of others that dont like it either >
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast