Thread: Lowrance update

Lowrance update

Can you put 2 updates on one ss card? Example ghost trolling motor and active target?

2. Member
    Yes, no issues. An HDS update ends in .upd and the update is automatic. The Ghost update has a different extension and won’t affect the unit update. But is you’re worried just leave one on the computer and download it to the mSD card once the first is done.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    If 75 updates don't matter then 2 is a no brainer

4. Member
    Ok thanks didn’t know if it gives you the option to select which update you want.

5. Member
    Units take the latest update file that is in the ​root​ directory/folder of the card when inserted.
    I have a copy of every update ever published for my units in a folder on my micro SD card that I use for updating. When I want to apply one, I copy it to the root directory of that card, insert the card, and power it on.
    This way, if I want to compare the results from two updates while on the Water, I can backevel if needed.
    Suggest making a folder for ghost updates on your card, store them there, and for unit updates too.

As an aside, I also have a folder called "Owners Manuals" with a PDF of every piece of equipment on my boat's owners manual in it. HDS has a built in PDF reader, if you ever need to reference the owners manual (say to stow a deployed Ulterra manually), you only need to navigate to the files and select it to view on screen. Has saved me a couple times.
    I also put my Boat Registration, fishing Licenses, etc in there...along w/ carrying the paper copy...
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

6. Member
    Smart ^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ3 View Post
    Units take the latest update file that is in the ​root​ directory/folder of the card when inserted.
    I have a copy of every update ever published for my units in a folder on my micro SD card that I use for updating. When I want to apply one, I copy it to the root directory of that card, insert the card, and power it on.
    This way, if I want to compare the results from two updates while on the Water, I can backevel if needed.
    Suggest making a folder for ghost updates on your card, store them there, and for unit updates too.

As an aside, I also have a folder called "Owners Manuals" with a PDF of every piece of equipment on my boat's owners manual in it. HDS has a built in PDF reader, if you ever need to reference the owners manual (say to stow a deployed Ulterra manually), you only need to navigate to the files and select it to view on screen. Has saved me a couple times.
    I also put my Boat Registration, fishing Licenses, etc in there...along w/ carrying the paper copy...
    Yep i do the same, including insurance paperwork pdfs, manuals, firmware for all my units, etc. Have two SDCards on the boat with this info, b/c you never know :).