Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shoes for standing all day...

The Jason Christie pillow shoe thread got me thinking... my NB's (no velco lol) are getting pretty worn, need some new shoes. What's a good recomendation for a fishing shoe/sneaker good for standing all day? I recall Sketchers was really good but they seem more for walking than standing. Is there such a thing as a shoe for standing, that doesn't cost $150

I’m been through them all. I’m hooked on Hoka Clifton’s now.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    I’m been through them all. I’m hooked on Hoka Clifton’s now.
    Hmm, I've got some Altras which are similar to Hoka's - maybe I should give them a try, although they are meant more for trails/hiking than just standing around I think.

NB W/Powerstep Pinnacle insole for me

That being said I change them out every 6 month to a year.

Screwed my feet up long ago working too many hours as a kid in a gas station and cheap tennis shoes. HUGH mistake

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

5. Member
    Sketchers max cushioning for me.

6. Member
    Brooks or Asics

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    Brooks or Asics
    x2.

Merrills will kill my knees at the end of the day especially standing on concrete or in the boat. Wife bought me a pair of Brooks and the difference was night and day. Asics are just as comfortable too
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    Brooks or Asics
    Add Hoka. I have all three, hoka are bit more cusion.

9. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    I used to have hokas and loved them but then got brooks beast! Recommended by my podiatrist for plantar fasciitis
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

SAS

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Add Hoka. I have all three, hoka are bit more cusion.
    Asics seem to do best for my feet with Brooks a close second. I’m on my feet 7-8 hours a day for work.

12. Member
    Brooks
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

13. Member
    Brooks...My wife and I have worn them for 6 years. My wife has had two foot surgeries and Brooks "Glycerins" were recmmended by Podiatrist.

14. Member
    Just got some Adidas with the cloud foam soles. Will be in the boat all day tomorrow. I will try to remember to report back on them.

15. Member
    A good proper fitting supportive insole is more important than the shoe itself. A good insole with a decent shoe is better than a good shoe with a stock crap insole.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    The Jason Christie pillow shoe thread got me thinking... my NB's (no velco lol) are getting pretty worn, need some new shoes. What's a good recomendation for a fishing shoe/sneaker good for standing all day? I recall Sketchers was really good but they seem more for walking than standing. Is there such a thing as a shoe for standing, that doesn't cost $150
    You should absolutely not worry about how much your footwear costs, within reason of course.

I’ve got boney feet and have been on them all day every most of my life. I learned an easy rationalization for good shoes and a good mattress a long time ago; you’re on your feet or on your back 90% of the day. Buy good stuff.

As far as shoes go try a bunch on. These folks have given good advice for what works for them but that may not work for you.

After rubbing a blister on my foot the first day of our Disney trip I went to the local mall 20 miles away and got me a pair of On clouds. Best decision I could have made. After walking 10 miles a day my feet weren’t killing me like day one. I’ll drop $500 on tackle like nothing but my wife made me buy a $180 pair of shoes. Smh

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sandman View Post
    A good proper fitting supportive insole is more important than the shoe itself. A good insole with a decent shoe is better than a good shoe with a stock crap insole.
    Very,very true!!!!

I work construction and have three pairs of work boots I rotate. I do buy my boots on comfort NOT price. My knees and back were bothering me a little bit. Nothing horrible. Probably because we had been working in a basement on concrete for two weeks.

Anyway noticed two of the insoles were pretty thin. Did some online research ended up going with Superfeet.
    Went to the store and they checked my pressure points and scanned my feet. It’s interesting to find out how different your feet actually are.

These new insoles made a huge difference for me

19. Member
    New Balance All the Way! Nothing better! White with Velcro for y’all

I have a torn tendon and fallen arch on my right foot that gave me hell year before last. Two doctor's wanted to operate and I said, not now . She said to get some Hoka Bondi shoes and wear them with my arch supports until I get the surgery.....two years later still no surgery and and I'm walking fine with no more pain then the arthritis I have everywhere.

The Bondi has the most cushion of all the Hoka shoes. On the thread someone mentioned that the cushy NB's gave him stability problems on the boat. I have experienced that as well. I blamed it on age and the goofed up foot. The Hoka website lists the Asahi 7 as "High Stability" so I might try those. I don't think I need that much cushion anymore and if I do I still have two pair of Bondis.

I recommend them.... https://www.hoka.com/en/us/men/
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast