Fuel gauge not working after repower?

Serial number 3B267108
    Previously 2016 ProXs 250 2 stroke with mercmonitor. Repowered to a 2023 4 stroke with same Mercmonitor and reused existing 2 stroke harness, Mercmonitor was reset. Everything works as it should, however the fuel gauge is not working. It's on a 2016 Basscat with dual tanks,neither tank sender is working. , I'm wondering if it is wired through the mercmonitor some how and I missed something. I'm assuming the Basscat dash fuel gauge is digital,just because all others are.
    Any thoughts?
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Six-pin fuel harness routed all the way to the back of the new engine, and plugged in?

Have you gone to: Settings, Tanks, and setup TANK-1 properly?

NOTE: Tank-1 is the only tank available. IF the second tank is separately wired (on Tank-2 lead, blue with black stripe wire), it must be removed as that circuit is reserved for Water in Fuel.

Not sure which gauges you have but a snapshot will tell us most of what we would need to know.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Using the original 2 stroke harness, only thing I have coming off that is the fuel paddle harness and the e oil tank sensor. Does that fuel paddle harness hook to the 6 pin boat harness? Is there an adapter? I will grab some pictures of gauges tomorrow.
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

So after looking I'm guessing the fuel paddle oil harness I is the 6 pin boat harness? Is this what needs to be hooked up to the new motor for the factory fuel gauge to work? Is this also called the key switch harness? Any chance of a part number for a 10ft extension,I think the plug will end up in tube if it's 6ft? Will this be plug and play as well? Just want the factory gauge to work,no need for fuel gauge on monitor.
    20240227_155420.jpg20240227_155420.jpg20240227_155428.jpg20240227_160026.jpg20240227_160011.jpg
    Last edited by bass-action; 02-28-2024 at 11:12 AM.
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    That's the correct harness, and it does indeed have to plug into the connector at the very back of the engine in order to use any of the tank features for Tank-1.

That harness should be MEGA long, likely coiled up in the back of the boat somewhere. When it comes from Mercury, there's enough wire to reach the bow, wrap around the trolling motor and still make it back to the tank. Now that being said- if it's been shortened... yes, we can get you an extension harness (I believe we have an option to order a 10' for that purpose).

Rhonda in our Parts Department should be able to assist you.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Did some scrounging, I guess it is mega long! I think there is enough room to fish that plug through the tube. If not would depinning it be an option? If so do you know the procedure of the springs,if I have too,I want to do it right.
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    It can be depinned- works just like the Smartcraft Data Cable (described in FAQ Section).

Got the plug through to the motor and plugged in, fuel gauge is good to go now!! I need to find a new dealer! I shouldn't of had these issues.
    Thank you Don,I can't tell you how much you helped me and many others. It is SO appreciated!
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Glad you're up and running now.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-action View Post
    Got the plug through to the motor and plugged in, fuel gauge is good to go now!! I need to find a new dealer! I shouldn't of had these issues.
    Thank you Don,I can't tell you how much you helped me and many others. It is SO appreciated!
    Too bad we all can't live near THE DON!
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ3 View Post
    Too bad we all can't live near THE DON!
    +1!
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax