Oil Level Gauge/Kit

I'm running a 2005 250 E-Tec on a 2005 Ranger Fisherman 621. I want to install a remote oil level kit/guage, because of where the reservoir is located, it's tough to see the oil level even with a flash light.

Any suggestions?

2. Member
    You have some options.
    if you have a later model Garmin, Lowrance, Simrad MFD, and you have a NMEA 2000 network installed (does not need to connect into the engine) maybe pushing GPS into the display, you can install the Evinrude oil level converter kit into the tank. For a 1.8 gallon tank use 764271. If it’s a 3.0 gal tank use 764272. The kit includes a sending unit and the fluid level converter pre programmed for oil. The oil tank already has mount screws molded into the tank. You just drill a hole to install the sender. Then Connect the converter to the sender and then into the N2K network. The thru the MFD Add an oil level gauge display.

if you want to stick with Analog gauges, then pick up the sender only. You can find lots of senders but the EV ones are already at the right length for the oil tank.
    use pn 0763730 sender 1.8 if it is still available. Alternate sender is 763407 1.8 and 763408 3.0.

then run 2 wires up to the dash and install an analog oil level gauge. The gauge will need to be purchased separately as the Ev version is NLA

3. Member
    Thank you, I will look into these options. Is there an option for using a WEMA sender? Which gauge do you suggest?

4. Member
    The sender in the Evirude kit is wema sender. It works well. As are 763407 / 8;
    gauge brands are Faria, Sierra, vee3,

5. Member
    So to be clear, I'll connect 763407 to a guage at the console using positive and negative wires. I did message you but not sure it got to you.
    Last edited by edge; 02-25-2024 at 08:05 PM.

6. Member
    Almost. For analog, the wires are one ground and one the sender/sense wire usually a pink color. The gauge has positive, negative and sense (S) terminals.
    The positive terminal is purple, meaning switched B+ to activate when the key is turned ON, black for ground and then the pink wire from the sender to the S terminal.

7. Member
    Faria as mentioned makes a good one. I have added one of those on several boats with success if you go with an analog gauge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighare2 View Post
    The sender in the Evirude kit is wema sender. It works well. As are 763407 / 8;
    gauge brands are Faria, Sierra, vee3,