Mega Live cross talk??

I have a 2nd ML transducer that I currently do not have installed on my boat. The one i do use is ran through target lock. I am thinking about removing my M360 and mounting the 2nd transducer to the trolling motor shaft for landscape mode, or visa versa. Does anyone know if these ML transducers will crosstalk with interference? I have seen of the pro's running dual livescope on trolling motors without problems. Thanks for the reply.

If they are pointed in the same direction, they will cross-talk.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

BUT still usable most of the time.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Wayne P. Thanks, I've now got both MegaLive's hooked direct to two different Apex's in my network(I have 4 Apex's total). I can only use one Megalive transducer at a time. No matter which Apex i choose to try and change ML tranducers on, it changes for the whole network. Question is can i take a Apex unit off my network without physically disconnecting the ethernet cord, is there a function inside a menu that will take the that unit off so i can use local settings?

Quote Originally Posted by trainspotter View Post
    Wayne P. Thanks, I've now got both MegaLive's hooked direct to two different Apex's in my network(I have 4 Apex's total). I can only use one Megalive transducer at a time. No matter which Apex i choose to try and change ML tranducers on, it changes for the whole network. Question is can i take an Apex unit off my network without physically disconnecting the ethernet cord, is there a function inside a menu that will take the that unit off so i can use local settings?
    Pretty sure HB hasn’t come out with an update to support multiple MLs simultaneously on a network.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Wayne P. Thanks, I've now got both MegaLive's hooked direct to two different Apex's in my network(I have 4 Apex's total). I can only use one Megalive transducer at a time. No matter which Apex i choose to try and change ML tranducers on, it changes for the whole network. Question is can i take a Apex unit off my network without physically disconnecting the ethernet cord, is there a function inside a menu that will take the that unit off so i can use local settings?
    Steve (SLYDoggie) can answer that, he has two LIVEs and APEX units.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I am successfully running two Mega Live units on the network in an all Apex environment. I think the key is to have each of the Mega Live units connected to one of the 2 ports on two different Apex units and not connected directly to the 5 port switch. I added a 5 port switch for other devices and both my Mega Live units sill work on the Network at the same time. I can select either Mega Live from any of the 3 Apex units I have.

I trolled with it all day on Wednesday and it worked great. There are a few things that are a bit flaky (which is to be expected since this isn't a Humminbird supported feature), but it does what I need.

Wayne posted a link to the thread I started on my experience with two Mega Lives.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers