2008 188 single axle trailer hubs

Does anyone on here know what the part number is for replacing the hub or if there is a bearing rebuilt kit? I still have the original oil bath type hubs on it.
    Just noticed one is starting to make a little bit of a grinding sound. Still rolls solid without any wobble and still has plenty of oil in it so I’m hoping I caught it soon enough.

2. Member
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Be aware before your call these guys that UFP/Dexter has discontinued the oil bath (GOLD) hubs. I'm in the process of changing mine over to grease now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Be aware before your call these guys that UFP/Dexter has discontinued the oil bath (GOLD) hubs. I'm in the process of changing mine over to grease now.

Reggie, if you do not mind sharing your experience with this change please do so. I know I will be going down the same road one day in the near future. I wish I could replace with the oil bath. they have been flawless. just finally worn out almost.

5. Member
    So it looks like the DB-35 is what I have. Thank you for the reply!
    Does anyone know if you can take the outside cap off of the old oil bath hubs and just replace the bearings?
    I changed out the hub oil on both sides with the Lucas Hub Oil which is notably thicker. The side that was grinding a little had some fine bearing material in it but not too bad.
    I just got back from a tournament on Toho after changing it (about 400 miles round trip) and both hubs barely even got warm. I’m probably gonna drain and refill, again, the side that was grinding a little just to get the last bit of material out of it.