Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Elite Anglers Boats

Bassmaster has a photo review of all the 2024 Elite Series angler's boats & tow vehicles. I am not surprised to see the usual array of Nitro, Ranger, Skeeter, etc., but I was surprised that not a single Elite pro is running a Triton. It just goes to show you how the market shifts because they were the #1 choice for many years ago. I didn't bother to count but it looks like Phoenix is # 1 right now.

2. Member
    Here you go...

Ranger - 11
    Skeeter - 21
    Caymas - 3
    Bass Cat - 13
    Phoenix - 27
    Ikon - 2
    Falcon - 6
    Nitro - 11
    Lund - 1
    Blazer - 2
    Vexus - 2
    Xpress - 3
    Crestliner - 1

Mercury - 54
    Yamaha - 43
    Suzuki - 6

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttranger View Post
    Bassmaster has a photo review of all the 2024 Elite Series angler's boats & tow vehicles. I am not surprised to see the usual array of Nitro, Ranger, Skeeter, etc., but I was surprised that not a single Elite pro is running a Triton. It just goes to show you how the market shifts because they were the #1 choice for many years ago. I didn't bother to count but it looks like Phoenix is # 1 right now.
    Pure pro staff and elite incentive driven I'm sure. I mean look how few ranger and nitros there are and they are the two biggest brands by volume. Kind of strange to not have a single triton staffer though, by all accounts the new 20 and 21 XP boats seem like great hulls. If I suddenly wrecked my boat and had to buy new I think I would go for the new 20XP
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

I mean at this point aren't Nitro, Ranger, and Triton bascially the same boat, with some trim differences? Kinda of like Nascar Nexgen/Gen7 - same car, different stickers. But yeah odd so many Nitro/Ranger and no Triton.

Matty Wong was in a Triton last year, but moved to Basscat this year. Dustin Connell runs a Triton on BPT, along with a few other guys. Dustin's Trition is a pretty good looking boat, tbh.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath View Post
    Here you go...

Ranger - 11
    Skeeter - 21
    Caymas - 3
    Bass Cat - 13
    Phoenix - 27
    Ikon - 2
    Falcon - 6
    Nitro - 11
    Lund - 1
    Blazer - 2
    Vexus - 2
    Xpress - 3
    Crestliner - 1

Mercury - 54
    Yamaha - 43
    Suzuki - 6
    #SPREADSHEET
    2020 BassCat Cougar FTD SP
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move

6. Member
    If you want to see the difference in a ranger and a triton visit the ranger factory. I did a few years ago. Big difference

7. Member
    Triton is owned by whom now. Seen all and triton is different
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

Interesting - its seems that this year Yamaha/Skeeter has made a push to get more anglers using Yamaha Outboards. Fishing Opens the last fews years it seemed they were dominated by Merc - I assume some of that was remnants of the lack of availability of Yamaha during Covid. Merc also has outstanding support at the opens.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

9. Member
    Dang, Phoenix is double every brand but Skeeter.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    I mean at this point aren't Nitro, Ranger, and Triton bascially the same boat, with some trim differences? Kinda of like Nascar Nexgen/Gen7 - same car, different stickers. But yeah odd so many Nitro/Ranger and no Triton.

Matty Wong was in a Triton last year, but moved to Basscat this year. Dustin Connell runs a Triton on BPT, along with a few other guys. Dustin's Trition is a pretty good looking boat, tbh.
    No, the hulls are all completely different.

11. Member
    Irrelevant numbers because pros use boats they have deals on. When Triton was #1, it was also the most generous on pro boat deals. Phoenix is following that model now, while Skeeter is pulling a lot of their sponsorship deals. Contingency rewards also play a part now.

I saw an interesting survey once a long time ago (in the late 80’s), and among the touring pros that did NOT have a reel or boat sponsorship, the top choice of boats was Ranger and the top choice for reels was the Garcia 5500c. This is what most (significantly most) picked when they bought their own stuff with their own money.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Pure pro staff and elite incentive driven I'm sure. I mean look how few ranger and nitros there are and they are the two biggest brands by volume. Kind of strange to not have a single triton staffer though, by all accounts the new 20 and 21 XP boats seem like great hulls. If I suddenly wrecked my boat and had to buy new I think I would go for the new 20XP
    Agree, I would hate to see Triton go the way of Champion, Stratos, etc. I do not think that all of this consolidation is good for the buyer.

13. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Here you go...

Ranger - 11
    Skeeter - 21
    Caymas - 3
    Bass Cat - 13
    Phoenix - 27
    Ikon - 2
    Falcon - 6
    Nitro - 11
    Lund - 1
    Blazer - 2
    Vexus - 2
    Xpress - 3
    Crestliner - 1

Mercury - 54
    Yamaha - 43
    Suzuki - 6
    There is one boat missing and one boat listed twice....#89 and #95 are both Matt Aery's boat. There is 103 pictures. There is 103 anglers listed as fishing the Toledo Bend event so I assume there is 103 Elite anglers in 2024. With Aery's boat listed twice and there being 103 pictures then someone is missing.

https://www.bassmaster.com/elite/sli...-wraps/1176062

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    There is one boat missing and one boat listed twice....#89 and #95 are both Matt Aery's boat. There is 103 pictures. There is 103 anglers listed as fishing the Toledo Bend event so I assume there is 103 Elite anglers in 2024. With Aery's boat listed twice and there being 103 pictures then someone is missing.

https://www.bassmaster.com/elite/sli...-wraps/1176062
    I didn't look that close to be honest. Just went through it pretty quick to make the list. Good catch.

15. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    I didn't look that close to be honest. Just went through it pretty quick to make the list. Good catch.
    I'm a Matt Aery fan so as I was scrolling I noticed it pretty quick. I just wonder who's boat is left out.

16. Member
    Sounds like triton is on the way out. Stinks, because i think they are a great boat.

Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Sounds like triton is on the way out. Stinks, because i think they are a great boat.
    That's been the rumor for the last few years. I agree that they are a great boat.

18. Member
    I fish the BFL’s and even at that level I do not see ANY new or even 2 yr old Tritons. They’re gone. Mostly Phoenix, Skeeter, Nitro and Ranger when it comes to newer boats.
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    That's been the rumor for the last few years. I agree that they are a great boat.
    They are the best of the JM boats that's for sure, better quality than a Nitro and not a lead sled like a Ranger.

20. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    Interesting - its seems that this year Yamaha/Skeeter has made a push to get more anglers using Yamaha Outboards. Fishing Opens the last fews years it seemed they were dominated by Merc - I assume some of that was remnants of the lack of availability of Yamaha during Covid. Merc also has outstanding support at the opens.
    Bingo. Your going to see in the next couple years more and more of a change in the ranks as Yamaha makes a big push to overtake merc as the dominant outboard on the trail . Comes straight from several Yamaha pro Staffers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast