Spinal Stimulator

Anybody have one or have had any experience with the internal variety? Thanks

2. Member
    Wife has one, no issues. Changed her outlook on life. PM if you want more details.

3. Member
    MIL got one in October, has worked so far. Being able to change the levels has helped. Still overdoes things, mostly involving bending, and the next day has pain.

Never heard of one of those.
    21 Lund 1775 Impact XS 21 Merc 115 Pro XS

5. Member
    My dad has one and it really helped with his quality of life. Some of my older friends have had it implanted successfully also. It has its risks, as surgery is required. I had a coworker here a few years younger than me that got one; he had a bad back and it was affecting one of his legs and giving him continual pain in both his back and that leg. He decided to have it done in one of our local hospitals instead of going to Nashville or St. Louis to a bigger, more experienced surgeon/hospital for it. The surgeon who put it in nicked a nerve bundle during the procedure and pretty much ruined his health/well being. Ruined the "good" leg he had prior, ruined his sexual function and most of his bladder control, and gave him even more pain to deal with. He started going to Cleveland Clinic to try to fix, but there was very little they could do for him.

All that as a warning. They can turn out to be life-changing, mostly for the good, but it can be for the worse. Research your doctors, surgeons, and hospital carefully.

6. Member
    I had one. They have you go thru a temporary trial run and it gave me relief, than after a while it was useless and had it removed. There are some people that get amazing results but comes down to whats wrong with you or more of what they can't figure out thats wrong with you.

7. Member
    A friend had one before he retired. Made life better but not too much better.