Slider Spider jig heads

I've been using Charlie Brewer's Slider Spider jig heads for my Kalin grubs for years. Now that lead is being outlawed in Maine I called Slider and they have no intentions of lead free right now. So, I found some from a friend that makes them now. He's from Mass and many of you may know him.
    Last edited by Big Al; 02-23-2024 at 04:58 PM.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

2. Moderator
    Al you know that as long as the lead is painted you can use it in Maine.

Quote Originally Posted by plbass View Post
    Al you know that as long as the lead is painted you can use it in Maine.
    Yup until 2026. Retailers have until 9/24 to get rid of their stock. The cannot sell after that. Talked with Travis and Nicole a couple of weeks ago and they're looking for an alternative.

I also E Mailed some of the sponsors here to see if they have lead free jig heads.
    The Slider Spider heads are the only lead I have in my boat.

4. Moderator
    I've never been asked about using lead by anyone in Me. Ma. or NH. Been stopped a few times on the water but it never came up. More concerned about fishing license. Seems like the boat education course everyone had to do 20 years ago. Never once have I been asked for the card. But 90% of weights and jig heads are lead free in my boat. Have tons of lead products I'm looking to get rid of.

I've never been asked about using lead by anyone in Me. Ma. or NH. Been stopped a few times on the water but it never came up. More concerned about fishing license. Seems like the boat education course everyone had to do 20 years ago. Never once have I been asked for the card. But 90% of weights and jig heads are lead free in my boat. Have tons of lead products I'm looking to get rid of.
    Paul, The only story I've ever heard was about a Loon found dead with some type of lead sinker in its belly. The person that told me said the Loon probably ate a fish that had a lead jig or other in its belly and that's how the Loon got it. I've never seen a loon go after an artificial bait all the times I've been fishing and I've had a lot of loons come near me or my bait.
    I don't believe they are telling the public the true reason for eliminating lead.
    Another thing not related to fishing, is shooting. The club I belonged to in N Brookfield Mass was concerned with the state trying to crack down on the lead ammo. If a club wanted to add a trap or skeet field, they have to use only steel shot now according to the state.

6. Member
    EVERYONE I know still uses lead. Either because they had an insane amount of lead based tackle before the ban that they still haven't gone through, or they just don't care, because of exactly what you said. No one checks for it. It's a joke of a law.

7. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Just like driving while on the phone lol a law that is never followed through
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

Until I can pour tungsten for 8 cents a jig I’m gonna keep pouring my lead and using it

I also use a product called star dust to “paint “ my jigs now.. you can beat the jig with a hammer and the paint stays on .. amazing stuff !

9. Member
    I’ve been asked for my boater safety card on Winni and Champlain.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

10. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    When was that when you were asked for your boaters card??
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    When was that when you were asked for your boaters card??
    Around 2020-2022. I have seen NH F&G ask someone for their boater safety card while they were launching. The guy didn’t have it and had to leave. He was with his wife and kids.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

Does anyone know of you can get a replacement card or if you have to test again ?? Mine has been in my wallet so long it’s trashed and hard to read

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    Does anyone know of you can get a replacement card or if you have to test again ?? Mine has been in my wallet so long it’s trashed and hard to read
    Jerry, you can use the link below to complete the request.

https://www.ilostmycard.com/
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

Appreciate it !! Don’t know if I will ever need it but one that’s readable just incase would be nice

Appreciate it !! Don’t know if I will ever need it but one that’s readable just incase would be nice
    When you get it, got to Staples and get it laminated. When I got my lifetime license up here they tell you to get it laminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    When you get it, got to Staples and get it laminated. When I got my lifetime license up here they tell you to get it laminated.
    I’m from mass so I’m used to “it’s laminated it’s not legal now “ the insanity state

I now wrap my SS card ect in Saran Wrap and it works perfect and can be removed .. my boater safety card has to be 20 years old at a minimum back when you took the test online .. long before my Saran Wrap brain storm lol

I’m from mass so I’m used to “it’s laminated it’s not legal now “ the insanity state

I now wrap my SS card ect in Saran Wrap and it works perfect and can be removed .. my boater safety card has to be 20 years old at a minimum back when you took the test online .. long before my Saran Wrap brain storm lol
    I remember when I lived in Mass