Thread: active

active

I saw a youtube video recently about changing the keel to minus 10, for a better picture. does anyone know why to do this and which button to push & find this. Maybe find the video also, cant remember who posted it.

2. Member
    Go to setting, sonar, active target installation, offset

Quote Originally Posted by Cranko201 View Post
    I saw a youtube video recently about changing the keel to minus 10, for a better picture. does anyone know why to do this and which button to push & find this. Maybe find the video also, cant remember who posted it.
    Do you have a link for this video, curious on what they were trying to do/accomplish. But as stated, angle offset is under Active Target Installation page.

4. Member

5. Member
    All that video shows is that a serious geomety issue exists. if you have to use the Angle offset to level it then you don't have the full verticle range on the screen. There is somthing else going on, The OP really never says what image issue he is having which leaves a wide range of problems from install, setup, other.

6. Member
    I think I am Having the same problem. My active screen on the upper left side says -10 and the slash line upper left corner extends down. A portion of the left side of screen isn’t being used. Reset to default and still has it on there.

7. Member
    That's the video i was looking for, just trying to understand why do this. Just lot of good info here, thanks

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deron521 View Post
    I think I am Having the same problem. My active screen on the upper left side says -10 and the slash line upper left corner extends down. A portion of the left side of screen isn’t being used. Reset to default and still has it on there.
    Post a pic

Mine will do that occasionally. Not sure why - I think it just gets confused. Ususally pulling it out of the water and putting it back in will clear it up. Or, toggling stableview on to off, or off to on, depending on current setting. In fact, it did it today when I first dropped the TM, but toggling SV fixed it, and never saw it again all day. Just one of the AT quirks I guess, same as not being able to split AT screen without creating blank areas top and bottom.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deron521 View Post

That is the 10ft range where it is looking under the boat as in backwards. That’s standard operation in forward mode. Are you one that just installed in and went to the water instead of taking a little time to learn or understand the basics of each mode first?

11. Member
    While my Active Target coverage area seems correct, I can never see any surface disturbance when reeling in a surface lure like a friend of mine can with his Garmin setup. Would changing the offset by a few degrees improve this? Thanks