Trailer jack won't retract high enough for storage

I got a stupid issue I'm dealing with here. I park my rig in the garage and recently replaced the jack with a Fulton F2 for better jack handle to boat clearance. The jack is fully height adjustable and I have it setup exactly where it needs to be at a height that is optimal for the trailer and the boat as well. I recently tried hooking up to give my engine a quick water test and found that the slope angle of the driveway while the truck is out is just a bit too much for the jack to clear when in the garage in order to move it to the stored position. When I tried to lower the jack and also move it back into the stored position while the boat/ trailer/ truck is on level ground I had zero issues.

Anyone who have this trailer jack or have run into a similar situation have any ideas on how to remedy this? Lower the jack and ride on it slowly before the boat gets put into the garage and vice versa when hooking up to run perhaps? It's a stout jack and looks to be able to handle some serious weight (1600 lbs) Here is a photo of the jack for reference. Thanks in advance.

PXL_20240112_021354574.jpg
    Last edited by Extremeboating; 02-22-2024 at 04:19 PM.
    - 2020 Bass Tracker Classic XL - SOLD
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    Vance 6" hydraulic jack plate
    24P 3 blade Ballistic XHS XL propeller
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    Garmin 126SV/93SV/73SV Livescope/ dual GT54 transducers
    DD26 motor toter
    IG: extremeboating

2. Member
    Put a smaller wheel on the jack.
    2022 Falcon F195

Quote Originally Posted by buzzin frog View Post
    Put a smaller wheel on the jack.
    I'm not sure they sell a smaller wheel for them than what they have.
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    DD26 motor toter

4. #FRB
    I have the same problem on my Xpress trailer. I back up a slight slope to get under the carport and at least half the time I have to kick the jack to get the wheel on and off the ground. Had the same problem with my Tracker trailer. My solution will be to eventually replace my 2" drop with a zero drop because the trailer sits a little nose down anyway when hooked to my Ram. I just never think about it when at the store and had the same one installed for the whole 5.5 years I've had this truck, lol.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    I have the same problem on my Xpress trailer. I back up a slight slope to get under the carport and at least half the time I have to kick the jack to get the wheel on and off the ground. Had the same problem with my Tracker trailer. My solution will be to eventually replace my 2" drop with a zero drop because the trailer sits a little nose down anyway when hooked to my Ram. I just never think about it when at the store and had the same one installed for the whole 5.5 years I've had this truck, lol.
    I may have to start considering the same with mine. The trailer DOES sit level, however, with the 2" drop as my trailer hitch height is 19" and the trailer/ boat is 19" as well level, so maybe a 1" drop may give me just enough clearance that I need while trying to hook up in the garage from the driveway. I don't think an inch or two would hurt anything as far as trailer dynamics go while towing on the road right?
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    DD26 motor toter

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeboating View Post
    I may have to start considering the same with mine. The trailer DOES sit level, however, with the 2" drop as my trailer hitch height is 19" and the trailer/ boat is 19" as well level, so maybe a 1" drop may give me just enough clearance that I need while trying to hook up in the garage from the driveway. I don't think an inch or two would hurt anything as far as trailer dynamics go while towing on the road right?
    Single axle trailer? If so, raise your hitch as much as you need to to get your desired result.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeky View Post
    Single axle trailer? If so, raise your hitch as much as you need to to get your desired result.
    Exactly how I solved the same issue on my Lund. Just raise the drop of the hitch.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

No penalty to trailer dynamics while towing? I don't want to cause instability, odd handling, or a potentially dangerous situation all because I raised the hitch a few inches and the trailer is no longer level.

Single axle trailer, yes.
    Last edited by Extremeboating; 02-23-2024 at 10:18 AM.
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    DD26 motor toter

9. Member
    No penalty to trailer dynamics while towing? I don't want to cause instability, odd handling, or a potentially dangerous situation all because I raised the hitch a few inches and the trailer is no longer level.

Single axle trailer, yes.
    No issues at all

Quote Originally Posted by mikeky View Post
    No issues at all
    Perhaps a zero drop would be more than plenty then. I'll have to look and see if I can find a receiver like that.
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    DD26 motor toter

11. Member
    Different drop on the hitch, move the jack to the center beam of the trailer. I'm very interested, where was your jack made?

Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Different drop on the hitch, move the jack to the center beam of the trailer. I'm very interested, where was your jack made?
    Moving the jack to the center beam is not possible as there is not enough space on it.
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    DD26 motor toter

13. #FRB
    Perhaps a zero drop would be more than plenty then. I'll have to look and see if I can find a receiver like that.
    Pretty sure you can find them just about anywhere. Walmart has them unless you have some kind of fancy hitch setup that uses proprietary parts.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Pretty sure you can find them just about anywhere. Walmart has them unless you have some kind of fancy hitch setup that uses proprietary parts.
    Nah I use a standard 2" hitch. I have checked Walmart before and I think all I ever saw was a 2.5" drop receiver/ ball assembly. I've been looking online and can't seem to find a standard style, nothing fancy setup. The stuff I find typically has 2 or 3 balls and looks plain stupid.

I called my local trailer store and they were mentioning anything not making the trailer level is bad news bears for safety and maneuverability. Given that the hitch would only alter the height 1 or 2 inches at most I can't see it distorting ride height a ton, but I've never messed with ride height a whole ton so I don't know. Maybe you or someone here has messed with that stuff enough to say differently.
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    DD26 motor toter

15. #FRB
    Nah I use a standard 2" hitch. I have checked Walmart before and I think all I ever saw was a 2.5" drop receiver/ ball assembly. I've been looking online and can't seem to find a standard style, nothing fancy setup. The stuff I find typically has 2 or 3 balls and looks plain stupid.

I called my local trailer store and they were mentioning anything not making the trailer level is bad news bears for safety and maneuverability. Given that the hitch would only alter the height 1 or 2 inches at most I can't see it distorting ride height a ton, but I've never messed with ride height a whole ton so I don't know. Maybe you or someone here has messed with that stuff enough to say differently.
    As long as it isn't nosed up more than a couple inches you'll be fine. All that matters is how it pulls. HEY, why not just turn what you have upside-down? I'll probably just do that with mine and see how it does. Just need a big crescent wrench and gorilla arms to flip the ball if you don't have a big enough impact socket and an impact with the "I'm not asking nicely" seting. I use a big old janky crescent wrench that's been seized to the size I need for over 20 years.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

As long as it isn't nosed up more than a couple inches you'll be fine. All that matters is how it pulls. HEY, why not just turn what you have upside-down? I'll probably just do that with mine and see how it does. Just need a big crescent wrench and gorilla arms to flip the ball if you don't have a big enough impact socket and an impact with the "I'm not asking nicely" seting. I use a big old janky crescent wrench that's been seized to the size I need for over 20 years.
    I think what I have will raise it 1/2" above what it's supposed to be. I considered it but then decided against it because that ball is torqued to 250 ft lbs and on top of that it may just be more than the trailer might like.
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    DD26 motor toter

17. Member
    I called my local trailer store and they were mentioning anything not making the trailer level is bad news bears for safety and maneuverability.
    I don't see how maneuverability would be affected. If you have a bathroom scale, set the jack wheel on it. Check the weight at the level you tow at, then raise it up a couple of inches. A significant change in tongue weight would be the only thing that would make a difference.