Dedicated LiveScope Battery

How has everyone that runs a dedicated battery for LiveScope secured the battery? I am trying to find a way to mount something to the side of my starboard rod box on a 2023 ZXR21. The battery is a 12V 50ah.

2. Member
    Did the 2023 ZXR20 have 5 battery trays? My 2024 came with 5 trays so you could run a house battery in parallel with the cranking battery. Right now I'm running my house battery by itself but plan on swapping the lead acid cranking with another Lithium. On my ZX225 I just mounted a small Lithium battery in a compartment at the front of the boat with a strap and strong velcro. I just put the small Noco battery in the same compartment. That worked great.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

I 3D printed a battery tray, pretty quick design work if you have a buddy that has one.
    Last edited by goodman_fishing; 02-22-2024 at 07:50 PM.
    2020 Tracker 190 TX | 115 ProXS | 4" Jackplate | Quicksilver Q4 21P Prop | Garmin Force w/MillerTech 36v-60Ah | Livescope |

YouTube - Fishing & Lithium Battery Content: https://www.youtube.com/@goodmanfishing/videos

4. Member
    I only have four battery trays and the way the Raptor pumps are installed I can’t fit the battery beside the cranking battery. If not for the pump I could have put it there which would have been perfect.

On the Velcro and strap I’m assuming the Velcro was on the bottom of the battery and the strap mounted to the side of the box?

5. Member
    On the 3D battery tray, how did you secure it? I bought a normal battery tray but it’s too big and the battery slides around in it even with it strapped down. I just have the battery tray setting in the bottom of the box now.

6. Member
    Some people use small plastic boxes to hold the battery. I just fitted a battery strap that you can get at Walmart to the side of the compartment and strapped it to the battery and used Velcro on the bottom of the battery and the bottom of the compartment. The battery never moved. I'm sorry though. My battery was a little 23AH battery.
    Last edited by woppercatcher; 02-23-2024 at 07:16 AM.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA