Thread: Its funny....

Its funny....

How an old set of irons start to behave when you have a new set on order to replace them.

2. Member
    If only that worked on old lures and baits!

3. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    You just need FFS.

I am waiting for mine also!!! They said would only be 2 weeks after my fitting. Almost one week Down 1 to go!, new driver coming also. In the meantime I replaced the shaft on my mini to much better one. Have to hit that tomorrow to see what it’s like

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by champ223 View Post
    I am waiting for mine also!!! They said would only be 2 weeks after my fitting. Almost one week Down 1 to go!, new driver coming also. In the meantime I replaced the shaft on my mini to much better one. Have to hit that tomorrow to see what it’s like
    What did you get?
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

Ended up with Taylormade QI irons and cobra dark speed driver. Tried callaway smoke and parydym, a mizuno and the darkspeed Irons. Came down to the smoke and QI. Hit the Qi a little better. Went to a slightly stiffer shaft across the Board and adding 2 deg of loft.

7. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Ping is having shaft shortages so my set won't be ready to probably mid-April.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    Ping is having shaft shortages so my set won't be ready to probably mid-April.
    What shafts did you order that they are out of stock?

9. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Nippon Modus 120X. The 7 & 9 iron shafts are on backorder. Also the Dynamic Gold 120 shafts are on backorder.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by champ223 View Post
    Ended up with Taylormade QI irons and cobra dark speed driver. Tried callaway smoke and parydym, a mizuno and the darkspeed Irons. Came down to the smoke and QI. Hit the Qi a little better. Went to a slightly stiffer shaft across the Board and adding 2 deg of loft.
    Going for a fitting Tuesday, getting the QI’s as I already have a couple wedges.

I did the 5-GW. I don’t ever hit my 4 iron as I use a hybrid 4 anyway. I had gotten vokeys wedges middle of last season so keeping those for this year also. Really hoping they’re here Tuesday or Wednesday

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RonCat View Post
    Going for a fitting Tuesday, getting the QI’s as I already have a couple wedges.
    OP is 100% correct. Hit the irons solid yesterday, off for a fitting this AM! Makes me wonder why I am going. Wife said I will have no more excuses with new driver and irons.