TOTAL ECLIPSE OF 2024 - Gonna be a direct hit on Arkansas

Dang, that's all I've heard lately about this thing coming in on April 8th. Maximum viewing here in AR will be around 1:52pm CST. We've got folks around here setting up sleeping spaces, building air bnb's, etc. just for this deal. If I see it, okay, but not going outta my way. Got business in Hot Springs that morning and then driving to Houston when it all begins. They say there will be an influx of 1.5million people just in Arkansas alone to capture this viewing. Really? Are you all excited about the Total Eclipse?
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

2. Member
    It's ridiculous the amount of traffic this is going to cause. I couldn't care less. If I see it, great. If I don't, oh well. I'll be at work...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Poke View Post
    Dang, that's all I've heard lately about this thing coming in on April 8th. Maximum viewing here in AR will be around 1:52pm CST. We've got folks around here setting up sleeping spaces, building air bnb's, etc. just for this deal. If I see it, okay, but not going outta my way. Got business in Hot Springs that morning and then driving to Houston when it all begins. They say there will be an influx of 1.5million people just in Arkansas alone to capture this viewing. Really? Are you all excited about the Total Eclipse?
    If you believe what you hear from Garland County SO, OES, etc., there’s going to be upwards of 3 million people in the greater Hot Springs area for the event. Even the Forestry Service is bringing on extra bodies for the week. The 911 call center is getting extra operators stations online for the extra traffic. Personally, I don’t know where you could put that many visitors in and around Hot Springs. Nearly all of the area hotels are booked. Campgrounds are full for the week. Kinda nuts if you ask me. I’m gonna stay put that day.

Quote Originally Posted by bassn5150 View Post
    If you believe what you hear from Garland County SO, OES, etc., there’s going to be upwards of 3 million people in the greater Hot Springs area for the event. Even the Forestry Service is bringing on extra bodies for the week. The 911 call center is getting extra operators stations online for the extra traffic. Personally, I don’t know where you could put that many visitors in and around Hot Springs. Nearly all of the area hotels are booked. Campgrounds are full for the week. Kinda nuts if you ask me. I’m gonna stay put that day.
    Oh, no.....gonna get online now to see if I can get a room in Hot Springs. 3million people? Really? That place is already cram packed as it is.
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

Went by the Municipal Offices the other day for some paperwork. They were giving away eclipse glasses.
    This will be one of the most exciting things to happen around here since we got indoor plumbing.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Poke View Post
    Oh, no.....gonna get online now to see if I can get a room in Hot Springs. 3million people? Really? That place is already cram packed as it is.
    My assumption would be the 3 million people figure is counting the outlying areas as well. But, that’s the figure the powers that be are throwing around. As an example, Catherine’s Landing Campground has a five night minimum that week and they are at or near capacity. All the hotels are harping on eclipse week specials, etc. Definitely a spectacle.

7. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wildkat7 View Post
    It's ridiculous the amount of traffic this is going to cause. I couldn't care less. If I see it, great. If I don't, oh well. I'll be at work...lol
    I hope it storms all day
    '02 Gambler Outlaw
    '02 Mercury 200 EFI 2.5L

8. #FRB
    Unfortunately, I'll be heading into work. Would like to be sitting on Maumelle to get the view that way but have a feeling I'm not the only one with that idea so would be just as well if I can't because I hate boat ramp idiots. Damn rookies just get that damn pleasure boat on the trailer already and out of my way!
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

9. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    I've got some of the wife's family from Minnesota coming to watch, wife is excited.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

We had one just a few of years ago, dang things are going on all the time. I'm not into it myself, but I might step outside to check it out just to see how dark it gets.