Prop for 2000 40hp Mercury Bigfoot 40ELPT 4S 0T085680

Can someone tell me what size and model prop came with a 2000 Mercury 40hp Bigfoot 40ELPT 4S Model Number 0T085680? IS there a stainless substitute? Thanks!

2. Member
    No prop comes on the motor from the factory. The prop you use depends on the boat and application.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1

What boat/type/make/model do you have the engine on?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    It's on a 17ft Lowe flat bottom with a small console. My original prop is very beat up and has no markings that I can see. I was thinking they came with a standard size prop but sounds like maybe not. The motor was never matched

5. Member
    Oooops, I hit send before finishing. I bought the motor at a sports show with the prop on it and installed it myself.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Try an 8M8026560 (Spitfire 4BBL 13.8 x 11), or the Blackmax 77338A45 (14x11) as a good starting point for that boat.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Thanks much. I'll try it as soon as the darn ice melts!