Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Would you buy a gas vehicle or hybrid/EV/turbo

Not looking to make this a political or enviro debate.
    The auto industry is/has changed and its not going back. We can still buy a few vehicles that are naturally aspirated gas engines but those are going away fast. Most have already changed over to hybrid or turbo charged. Let's assume you had to replace all your cars and trucks, would you buy the "last of the gas" or new tech?

2. Member
    ICE, a very, very slim chance of a hybrid.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

3. Member
    Ice Ice baby

Regular gas, possibly a hybrid version of it. Heard too many bad things from turbos, especially as they get up there on mileage..

5. Member
    Im curious as to resale value on gas vehicles as well. I think the gassers are going to be worth some good money in the future.

6. Member
    Regular non turbo gas engine Is what I would buy. Most of the new turbo gas engines are unreliable, and expensive to fix.

7. Member
    ICE

Gas all the way.....
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

If I were to buy today, it would have to be gas because of Range anxiety. However I think that will go away in a few years as the charging infrastructure improves.
    Here’s an example. My son bought a Tesla for his wife to drive around town and ferry the boys to school and soccer. It it works great for that. When it is not being used it is being charged in the Garage but on a long trip, it requires planning.
    He lives 225 miles from me so when he drives the Tesla to visit, he brings a 115 volt portable charger so he can charge up for the trip home. He recently drove the Tesla on a 750 mile round trip and had to add in 48 minutes for charging time.
    We live in the South, if these trips were up North where the cabin heater has to run full time, the range really drops.
    So the EV’s don’t match my driving needs yet but I am sure that they will as the charging technology develops.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

10. Member
    Gas only and I’m not sold on turbos I don’t think they are as reliable as the manufacturer’s would have us believe.
    John the Garage Doorman

11. Member
    Diesel until they won’t let us drive them.

ICE all day long

EV’s are nice for local trips but with the initial cost of the vehicle and the increase in electric bills the savings isn’t that much anymore and they don't last as long as an ICE vehicle and the cost of replacing the batteries when they go south makes it insane How many EV’s have 300,000 miles on them?

But it saves the environment! Yea Right!

Green energy is based on saving the environment but look at the impact of recycling these batteries

Most green energy impacts the environment more than conventional power look at recycling the wind generator blades this alone should kill that industry but the powers to be have way to much invested in this that they cover this up

I’m sure some day it will be viable but not in my lifetime
    "The handicapped angler"

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    ICE all day long

EV’s are nice for local trips but with the initial cost of the vehicle and the increase in electric bills the savings isn’t that much anymore and they don't last as long as an ICE vehicle and the cost of replacing the batteries when they go south makes it insane How many EV’s have 300,000 miles on them?

Green energy is based on saving the environment but look at the impact of recycling these batteries

Most green energy impacts the environment more than conventional power look at recycling the wind generator blades this alone should kill that industry but the powers to be have way to much invested in this that they cover this up

Green energy is based on money and control, not saving the environment.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    ICE all day long

Spot on sir.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sushi520vx View Post
    Not looking to make this a political or enviro debate.
    Well that did make it 12 posts anyhow....

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sushi520vx View Post
    Im curious as to resale value on gas vehicles as well. I think the gassers are going to be worth some good money in the future.
    That is what they said about 2 strokes as well.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DMart1 View Post
    Spot on sir.
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

18. Member
    I'm old school so ICE. Turbos are fine if you don't plan on keeping the vehicle a long time or have plenty of money to spend on expensive repairs. This green initiative is all just a money grab disguised as helping the environment. If the powers that be were really concerned about the environment they would support developing hydrogen tech more or something similar.

19. Member
    Bought a brand new gas vehicle late 2023 and hope it lasts me until this EPA mandated fiasco has settled out. Until then buying gas is a reality. I look at our rough pot hole filled roads and wonder what they will look like with heavier vehicles running at a loss of 45.8 cents a GALLON in fuel taxes plus a hundred dollars plus a year for tags and 7,500.00 of federal tax revenue are gonna look like? I predict a biz specializing in home energy efficiency will do well once all the taxes the state, local, and feds see they lose on every GALLON of fuel is gone and shifted to already high electric bills.

I predict no matter what we buy we ALL pay in the future for our individualism vs investing in public transportation.

What if you have 2 of the choices? I have a V-8 Tundra mainly for hauling the boat. I also have a Rav-4 hybrid for tooling around town and trips where the boat is not coming along.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast