Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Had a 2.7 Ford w/twin turbos and it was a great truck. Have a Mazda now with a turbo, not worried about it. I’ll buy them.

2. Member
    I’ll admit I don’t know a ton about them, because I’ll never in my be able to afford a new vehicle. That being said a hybrid seems to be the best of both worlds.

3. Member
    ECE non turbo gasoline
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

4. Member
    We've been at a turning point, the gassers are going away quickly and they are never coming back. It seems as thou all the manufactures are going in different directions. Some are going after the hybrid stuff and others are going turbo. The future looks interesting as Toyota is looking at hydrogen, ammonia which might mean that what they are doing now is short lived. Meanwhile, we're the guinea pigs.

The wife and I were out yesterday looking and will be going again today. We're by no means needing to replace but possibly upgrading if we come across a big ICE SUV before they are in such high demand or a dime a dozen.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    That is what they said about 2 strokes as well.
    Exactly but 4 stroke technologie wasn't new.

If money was not a problem a Rivian
    Always Think Like A Fish.....No Matter How Weird it Is!!

7. Member
    If I had to get rid of my current two vehicles and had to buy over again, I would get the largest gas or diesel engine available. My current two vehicles have the 6.2 in them.

I do not believe in all the fear being forced on us because none of it makes any sense to me personally and I believe it all to be fake & lies.

M

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMyles View Post
    If I had to get rid of my current two vehicles and had to buy over again, I would get the largest gas or diesel engine available. My current two vehicles have the 6.2 in them.

I do not believe in all the fear being forced on us because none of it makes any sense to me personally and I believe it all to be fake & lies.

M
    I wouldn't touch a diesel with all the DEF requirements and such. Just too many problems and opportunities for something to break that is expensive to fix.

9. Member
    Got a 2018 Honda Accord with 2.0 turbo. Runs like a top. Unreal low end torque.

10. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    Had a 2.7 Ford w/twin turbos and it was a great truck. Have a Mazda now with a turbo, not worried about it. I’ll buy them.
    some of these guys think turbos are some kind of new tech,, they.ve been around decades and many many thousands, probably more like millions, have millions of miles and hours on them, Just like engines they have become nothing but better in terms of reliability and longevity..

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

11. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Gasser without turbo, no hybrid, for the truck and EV for the car, SUV. I will consider Ford's next gen EV for a secondary truck. Diesel exhaust is terrible for your health, turbos and hybrids add extra components that could break. Had Rivian made a truck with a bigger bed, I would have gone with that for a secondary vehicle. Still a long ways to go for an EV to replace my gasser truck that tows horses and a camper. But once they are capable enough I will make the switch. The driving and owning experience of an EV is much better than the gasser.
    Thanos was the hero

Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    ICE all day long

EV’s are nice for local trips but with the initial cost of the vehicle and the increase in electric bills the savings isn’t that much anymore and they don't last as long as an ICE vehicle and the cost of replacing the batteries when they go south makes it insane How many EV’s have 300,000 miles on them?

But it saves the environment! Yea Right!

Green energy is based on saving the environment but look at the impact of recycling these batteries

Most green energy impacts the environment more than conventional power look at recycling the wind generator blades this alone should kill that industry but the powers to be have way to much invested in this that they cover this up

I’m sure some day it will be viable but not in my lifetime
    Lots of misconceptions in your post. Ev isn’t for anyone but I am saving around $400 a month on mine. Now I’m not in the majority in the category but I have a long commute which is why I save money. That also throws out your short trip theory. Does ice last long that’s still up for debate and I think ev will last longer. Suppose to go 300k plus. I have 120k on mine and battery hasn’t degraded any.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    Gas only and I’m not sold on turbos I don’t think they are as reliable as the manufacturer’s would have us believe.
    Exactly.
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    some of these guys think turbos are some kind of new tech,, they.ve been around decades and many many thousands, probably more like millions, have millions of miles and hours on them, Just like engines they have become nothing but better in terms of reliability and longevity..
    Helped work on too many 80's model cars with turbos in the 90's to trust those things. From an engineering standpoint to meet product requirements they make sense. But for the owner trying to keep them on the road as they age they are horrible. The turbo is one thing that is expensive to replace but it is more the added complexity and stress on the entire engine that has to be considered too.

I would not own anything direct injected either.
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

15. Member
    I’ve had several hybrid vehicles and good luck with all of them. If the dollars work, I’d always buy hybrid. I’ve also had two turbo vehicles now, and they are a ton of fun to drive. Keep out of the turbo, and the fuel economy is excellent. Kick in the boost, and lots of power is there. For me, life is too short to try to buy a vehicle while thinking 100k or 200k miles down the road. And up to 100k, both hybrids and turbos have worked flawlessly for us. Auto makers are now beginning to build “hybrid” gas/EV vehicles, which could be awesome, offering a transitional step until range-extended EV vehicles arrive. That said, I waited until lithium batteries hit my budget before installing in my boat. And I’ll probably not get an EV until one with the features I want is available under $60k. Waiting for all gas-only vehicles to be worth a market premium is about the same as waiting for new bass boats to drop drastically in price. Might be a long, long time.

16. Member
    Toyota Land Cruiser Hybrid.
    Mike Smith

17. Member
    Non turbo gasoline.

I work on them. N/A gas only
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

19. Member
    gas or hybrid. EV will be around for commercial use and 15 minute cities. All the rest have sustainability for the future due to technology advancements being developed.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

I prefer diesel trucks for the torque and economy. My wife bought a Lexus hybrid SUV. It’s a weak POC. It can’t accelerate out of its own way. The economy on the highway isn’t as good as my Chevy 1500 duramax
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast