Mercury Optimax / ProXS Fuel / Air line

Has any company began offering replacement fuel or air crossover lines for the Optimax / ProXS 2S engines? Or the brass fittings to have the lines built? I’ve already had a fuel line fail under the crimped collar.
    ’13 21 HP, 250 ProXS, 10” Atlas, twin Power Poles, 25p Croxtonized Tempest, 2 1/2 PTP, 1/2 tank fuel, driver, all gear, empty wells, 74.7 in 102 deg heat.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    No. It would not be a very lucrative business.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    No. It would not be a very lucrative business.
    Don,

Whats your suggestion for a fix when the fuel line begins leaking under the crimped collar? If no one is building replacements, what the next step?
    ’13 21 HP, 250 ProXS, 10” Atlas, twin Power Poles, 25p Croxtonized Tempest, 2 1/2 PTP, 1/2 tank fuel, driver, all gear, empty wells, 74.7 in 102 deg heat.

New lines are readily available and rarely fail.
    Hydraulic shops most likely can recrimp them for you unless the line actually failing.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clayc View Post
    Don,

Whats your suggestion for a fix when the fuel line begins leaking under the crimped collar? If no one is building replacements, what the next step?
    Purchase a replacement line. As Leon suggested, it may be possible to re-crimp the end, in the event the leak is coming from the hose/crimp area and there's not significant corrosion to the fitting.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Thank you for the suggestions. I’ll have a shop re-crimp and see what happens.. did I see the price correctly? $300+? For replacements

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    We don't quote prices in the forums as they are updated nightly. That being said, that's in the ballpark (air is a little less, fuel is a little more) as of today's date.