Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Interesting comments by the FFS guru JJ

https://www.facebook.com/JoshJonesFishing

Tournament bass fishing has become unbearable to watch. Bring back the early 2000’s!!!”

”anglers
    used to have to understand and identify certain things and put together patterns based off knowledge, time, and skill. No matter how many 10000’s of hours you have learning to better yourself as a fisherman, you can’t compete with the screen and new electronics. People that have never fished prior to a couple years ago are winning and dominating some of these tournaments.”
    Last edited by dean c; 02-17-2024 at 06:33 PM.

2. Member
    He’s not wrong at all. Watched BASS this morning for a hour drinking my coffee. It’s fishing, but it sucks compared to just a few years ago. I turned it over after a bit to watch news.

3. Member
    I don’t understand the big difference in watching. It’s still a guy casting and winding. Used to have to listen to useless yaking whikdd we they hoped a fish was around. Now if you are watching, the guy knows there is a fish he’s working. Most of them just cut to catches anyway. What’s the big deal.

Experience still matters. Stop the whining. The experienced know where to start looking. Save time. More fish.

People sure like to whine.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

4. Member
    Used to be a fat guy on the deck, narrating “they art to be a-hitting this worm. Maybe I’ll find one this afternoon. My boy Dion the cable guy has been a-catching Purdue good last week in the ribbon tail……”
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

5. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    I don’t understand the big difference in watching. It’s still a guy casting and winding. Used to have to listen to useless yaking whikdd we they hoped a fish was around. Now if you are watching, the guy knows there is a fish he’s working. Most of them just cut to catches anyway. What’s the big deal.

Experience still matters. Stop the whining. The experienced know where to start looking. Save time. More fish.

exactly!
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

6. Member
    I saltwater fished in Florida saltwater my whole life, Moved to Kentucky, bought a boat and started freshwater fishing and couldnt catch a bass in a five gallon bucket, bought the first gen live scope and even a green horn like me can catch fish.

7. Member

100%. People are nostalgic for a product that they probably complained about while it was happening. At the end of the day, live fishing is going to be boring for the most part.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

8. Member
    Great!!! Maybe less people will be interested in fishing and there will be less tournaments and I can enjoy the lake more to myself!

9. Member
    Jones shouldn’t be commenting too much, he’d still be a nothing without FFS. I think the guys just starting to realize that his days are numbered and he’ll be a nothing again soon enough.

10. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Been fishing for 55 years. I've had FFS for 5 of those. If you told me tomorrow that FFS was outlawed and that it had to be removed I'd probably be so disappointed I'd probably sell the boat too. No not really, but it sure would be less motivating to go back to chunking and winding water like I did for the first 50 years hoping there were fish somewhere within the 100 yard part of the lake I was fishing. Doesn't bother me to watch the FFS tournaments. They still gotta know what they're doing and how to catch fish and they still do it better than me

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    Jones shouldn’t be commenting too much, he’d still be a nothing without FFS. I think the guys just starting to realize that his days are numbered and he’ll be a nothing again soon enough.
    Was kinda thinking the same thing. Little bit hypocritical considering ALL his success has come from FFS?🤔

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangrSkipr View Post
    Been fishing for 55 years. I've had FFS for 5 of those. If you told me tomorrow that FFS was outlawed and that it had to be removed I'd probably be so disappointed I'd probably sell the boat too. No not really, but it sure would be less motivating to go back to chunking and winding water like I did for the first 50 years hoping there were fish somewhere within the 100 yard part of the lake I was fishing. Doesn't bother me to watch the FFS tournaments. They still gotta know what they're doing and how to catch fish and they still do it better than me

Now that they are showing the screen views, I’m liking the way it’s going. Those guys show me what I wasn’t understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by BASStard6344 View Post
    Was kinda thinking the same thing. Little bit hypocritical considering ALL his success has come from FFS?樂
    Oddly enough, he is probably one of the biggest reasons for its adoption in bass fishing overall. Him catching giant after giant after giant probably sold more FFS units to tournament guys than any sponsored professional on either major tour

Old school deep cranking is about the same. Cast reel cast reel. If they put the LS screen on the coverage i think it is bearable

15. Member

Its just change. Kinda typical really

16. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    Now that they are showing the screen views, I’m liking the way it’s going. Those guys show me what I wasn’t understanding.
    I always learn something

Is an "FFS Guru" defined as a fisherman who at one time or another, has seen a fish on FFS and then caught it?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    He’s not wrong at all. Watched BASS this morning for a hour drinking my coffee. It’s fishing, but it sucks compared to just a few years ago. I turned it over after a bit to watch news.
    Yes, it sucks and I can't stand to watch it either. The electronics have virtually erased the difference that knowledge and experience used to make in these events. it's like watching ice fishing without the ice.

Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Is an "FFS Guru" defined as a fisherman who at one time or another, has seen a fish on FFS and then caught it?
    Gimme a break…I was struggling for an adjective.

20. Member
    Like others have said above being able to see what they’re seeing on the TV will make it more interesting? BASS and MLF are just a little slow in catching up with the technology and how to incorporate it onto the screen.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast