Question BCB factory video.. wow!

I always heard/read about the assembly quality of the boats. Definitely super impressive. I have a couple questions about a 2005 Pantera classic with a 200 opti that I am looking at for possible purchase. First is, how did the construction differ back 19 years ago? I’m sure they are still super quality boats, just curious regarding the differences. I researched the older classics here and on the web and some people comment on the livewells, wishing they were more like the other panteras. Is there a real difference between the models? Also there were references to doing livewell upgrades for the classic. What would those be? Last one, I watched one on the water video and the boat appeared to have a slight porpoise to it after coming out of the hole and while making a turn. Is this a trait of the hull or improper trim by the driver? Any other input about the 2005 would be welcome.
    Looking forward to hearing from everyone and thanks in advance.

2. Member
    gelcoat was likely much better back then. I had a 2002 and the glass looked like new when I sold it in 2022--2002 was built like a tank and other than a few rubrail rivets, it never needed anything fixed
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Don’t get caught up in the hype of newer is better. That boat was built every bit as good as anything made today and will fish every bit as good.

The boat I have now is a 99 518 Ranger. 1999-2003/04 Ranger 518’s are the most
    sought after Rangers there are for good reason. It’s because those boats were built like tanks, run very well and fish as good or better than anything on the water then on the water now.

The 95 Pantera you’re looking at is built as well as anything today or maybe better.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H2O_Fowl View Post
    Don’t get caught up in the hype of newer is better. That boat was built every bit as good as anything made today and will fish every bit as good.

The boat I have now is a 99 518 Ranger. 1999-2003/04 Ranger 518’s are the most
    sought after Rangers there are for good reason. It’s because those boats were built like tanks, run very well and fish as good or better than anything on the water then on the water now.

The 95 Pantera you’re looking at is built as well as anything today or maybe better.
    Thanks for your thoughts. I am not doubting the quality of the 2005 Pantera in any way. I was just curious what differences in build techniques were between now and then. Basscat has always been recognized as a quality boat from years of reading on this site and others. One of the things I’m interested in is the transom build. The method in the video is pretty cool and looks super strong.
    Again, I would love to hear anything about the early 2000’s classic models.
    Thanks again.

That 2005 is all fiberglass construction even the transom. The hull has a transferable lifetime warranty. No wood in it.
    2013 BassCat Cougar
    Serial # 1B962763