Ionic with Stealth Charger

Thinking about going all lithium. Looking at Ionics 125ah starting and three of the 50ah trolling batteries. Anybody run this set up with the stealth charger? Does it seem to be charging all three trolling batteries equally? Any issues with interference using the stealth charger?
    2008 Camo Xpress H18 with 2021 Mercury 150 Pro XS 4S Serial # 3B021969

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    we have many customers running that setup, fill free to call and discuss

910-722-0001
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    Which stealth charger? The one I tried a long time ago (Minnkota) ONLY diverted charge to the trolling motor batteries AFTER the starting battery got to full charge. This day and age, with all the electronics your starting battery carries, I’ve never came back in with the main battery fully charged. If this is the case, no charge would ever be diverted to top off any of the trolling motor batteries.

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    you still need an AC charger when using the Stealth, you still need to plug in and charge at the end of the day unless you run a separate House and cranking battery or make really long runs

Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

5. Member
    I’ve been running Ionics for 3 years now and love them. I’m running 3 100ah
    on the trolling motor and a 125ah for cranking. I have went 3 days without
    charging them (tripped a house breaker) and the performed flawlessly. Good
    luck.

I’m definitely interested in them, I’m just curious if people are having interference using the stealth charger with it sharing a common ground. I’ve had a couple stealth chargers on a few different boats and I always had interference when on the trolling motor. Never could get rid of it. Removed the charger and interference would be gone. Wondering if it does it with lithium or not?
    2008 Camo Xpress H18 with 2021 Mercury 150 Pro XS 4S Serial # 3B021969

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfreaks View Post
    I’m definitely interested in them, I’m just curious if people are having interference using the stealth charger with it sharing a common ground. I’ve had a couple stealth chargers on a few different boats and I always had interference when on the trolling motor. Never could get rid of it. Removed the charger and interference would be gone. Wondering if it does it with lithium or not?

I quit using my stealth when I switched to lithiums, I never had any interference though.

8. Member
    I have a Stealth 1 charger AC/DC (tuned for AGM/Lithium) running 3 100 aHr lithium trolling batteries for my Ghost Trolling motor, one Lithium house battery for my Lowrance electronics, and one X2 AGM starting battery. Never a bit of problems, and zero interference. Love this setup.
    ciao,
    Marc

9. Member
    Same for me, Stealth 1 configured for lithium trolling batteries and AGM cranking battery. I have both the AC and the DC Stealth chargers. Never a bit of interference and batteries seem to always be above 80% when done for the day. But I do put them on the AC charger when I get home anyway.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

10. Member
    The stealth with 3 batteries will NOT keep them all the same. If you talk to Danny he highly suggests a single 36v because of this. I have a battery jumper to one tm battery and used it a few times over the years eventually resulting in that battery being way off and in fact it eventually failed. It had been charged by stealth only for 5 years. And never equalized individually.

I still have the stealth hooked up and charging my batteries but I also installed a 5x5x5 norco so that each battery gets charged properly all the time. For about a year I just put a single charger on each at home every couple months.