BASS National Qualifier question.

Did anyone on here fish the Eufaula qualifier? I see that there were 152 boaters, but only like 94 CO’s. Wondering if they paired that many boaters up, or let them fish alone? Rules don’t address this.
    Thanks!!!
    2018 Ranger 521C, 2023 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S (3B261295), 36V Ultrex, 10" Atlas, Power Poles, Lowrance 12 Carbon, and 2-12 Lives.

2. Member
    I was there, I had 16# day one but bombed day 2

sucks but I’m moved on

i went by myself 1st day and had a non boater on day 2 so I think bass got smart and just said he’ll with it and send you out alone if there is not enough co’s which was best decision In my book

3. Member
    RIP BASS Nation. New format is a joke moneygrab by BASS. Glad I got to fish divisionals, regionals and a National under the old formats.
    BassCat Cougar FTD / Mercury 250 ProXS
    Lowrance / Garmin

They are sure missing John Stewart as he was the glue for Bass Nation
    Last edited by Mr.Bass; 02-16-2024 at 07:06 PM.

5. Member
    Sorry to hear you fell short on day 2. But thanks for the reply!
    2018 Ranger 521C, 2023 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S (3B261295), 36V Ultrex, 10" Atlas, Power Poles, Lowrance 12 Carbon, and 2-12 Lives.

6. Member
    You can still fish the "old" format ..... and the new format is pretty dang cool!!!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassJP View Post
    You can still fish the "old" format ..... and the new format is pretty dang cool!!!
    I agree

you get a straight shot at the national by winning state.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassJP View Post
    We are still doing top 10 in our state also and what it does is cover all cost for the regional if you don’t make the national by winning state, so your still fishing for a spot in the top 10

Quote Originally Posted by JBIGUNS View Post
    RIP BASS Nation. New format is a joke moneygrab by BASS. Glad I got to fish divisionals, regionals and a National under the old formats.
    Every move they have made over the years is to increase or maintain profits. Maybe good for the business but not good for grass roots.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam378 View Post
    I agree

you get a straight shot at the national by winning state.
    Straight shot to a heavily diluted ‘National championship’ with 250 boats. It used to be a hell of an accomplishment under the old format to qualify for nationals with 1 guy from each state. What a shame. Everyone loves the easy way these days. Same nonsense happened to TBF.
    Lowrance / Garmin

11. Member
    Straight shot to a heavily diluted ‘National championship’ with 250 boats. It used to be a hell of an accomplishment under the old format to qualify for nationals with 1 guy from each state. What a shame. Everyone loves the easy way these days. Same nonsense happened to TBF.
    I’ve been fishing the nation and tbf since mid 2000’s I enjoy it and I’ll see where I ever end up with it, but it’s simple if you don’t like it then don’t fish it, I’ll never complain about it though

12. Member
    I’ve been fishing the nation and tbf since mid 2000’s I enjoy it and I’ll see where I ever end up with it, but it’s simple if you don’t like it then don’t fish it, I’ll never complain about it though

If no one speaks up, nothing changes. I’ve fished both for the last decade and am very disappointed in the changes along with many others who have fished it for years that I’ve talked to. We saw a drop off in participation at our state qualifier this year after the changes were announced. Guys who had a lot of success in the past including the guy who qualified for the elites through the nation did not participate in our state qualifier this past year. TBF numbers are also a shell of what they used to be. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out in the years to come.
    Lowrance / Garmin

I will never forget the day when I was in the President's meetings for Bass Nation and in the back of the room was 5 guys all in suits. This was when the split was about to happen and they tried to pull the wool over our eyes thinking that we would do whatever they asked us to do. Just about everyone in the room fought back and held their ground. It was one of the best days of unity I have seen in my lifetime. 40 different people with all the same passion for Bass Nation and it's best interests. Needless to say they felt that they were right and we were wrong and they stuck to their guns. As they say the rest is history and we all see where they ended up.

14. Member
    If no one speaks up, nothing changes. I’ve fished both for the last decade and am very disappointed in the changes along with many others who have fished it for years that I’ve talked to. We saw a drop off in participation at our state qualifier this year after the changes were announced. Guys who had a lot of success in the past including the guy who qualified for the elites through the nation did not participate in our state qualifier this past year. TBF numbers are also a shell of what they used to be. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out in the years to come.
    What really is going on with nation/tbf is mainly a lot of the big money team trails going on I. The country. For instance we have a tbf qualifying tournament coming up in a few weeks and it’s the same weekend on the same lake as a big money benefit tournament and a bfl is there that same day. Back in the older days you didn’t have all that going on so in reality there is only 4 weekends a month and when something is scheduled in the spring there is a 100 other trails going on that pay a big payout vs just a tournament with little payouts but based more on a qualifying tournament, that’s what I have seen the last few years is what’s really going on down here in the south. Too many trails and makes all
    the entries get stretched out

15. Member
    ya the tbf split scwewed everything and a big part of it came from our state okla.

16. Member
    What really is going on with nation/tbf is mainly a lot of the big money team trails going on I. The country. For instance we have a tbf qualifying tournament coming up in a few weeks and it’s the same weekend on the same lake as a big money benefit tournament and a bfl is there that same day. Back in the older days you didn’t have all that going on so in reality there is only 4 weekends a month and when something is scheduled in the spring there is a 100 other trails going on that pay a big payout vs just a tournament with little payouts but based more on a qualifying tournament, that’s what I have seen the last few years is what’s really going on down here in the south. Too many trails and makes all
    the entries get stretched out
    Yup, seems like most anglers kind of have to pick a route now. Either kind of a crappy payout with a possible road to a national championship type series, or bugger regional tournaments with better payouts. Most can’t really do both.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

I qualified for it through Virginia and fished it. They did not pair boater/boater. I had no coangler day one
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest