New 920 Elite seat issue

I just bought a new 920II Elite and been out with it several times already. I really like the boat but the seats are terrible! Let me explain. I’m too old to stand and fish anymore so I have to use the sit down seat. Normally that would not be an issue but in this Phoenix I can’t leave the sit down seat on the deck except on the pole, which blocks my view when running. If you put it in the hole without the pole it won’t stay. Consequently you can’t leave the seat on the deck when traveling because it will blow out and you’ll lose it. The dealer told me he lost a seat out the back of the boat in the lake so he advised not to put it in the back hole when running.

This isn’t my first bass boat. Actually this is my 4th bass boat and I never had this problem before. I don’t know why Phoenix decided to change the seat design as the old smaller pole has worked successfully for years. When traveling on the highway I either have to put the seat in the truck or in cabin area of the boat. This is really a PITA!

Also I’m concerned about losing a seat bottom when traveling as they are only held in place by Velcro. Over time that Velcro will deteriorate and loose its holding ability, then what? They will fly out the boat going down the highway?

Has anybody else had any issues with these new type seats? I guess the stand up seat is no problem but not all of us can’t stand and fish all day anymore.

Otherwise, it’s a really great boat.

Ok, rant over.

2. Member
    never lost a drivers or passenger seat cushion and have towed a phoenix all over the intermountain west , probably pushing 30,000+ miles. Velcro that secures the seats in place has never worn out but I do keep an eye on the staples securing it since they will eventually fall out.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rakkc View Post
    never lost a drivers or passenger seat cushion and have towed a phoenix all over the intermountain west , probably pushing 30,000+ miles. Velcro that secures the seats in place has never worn out but I do keep an eye on the staples securing it since they will eventually fall out.
    That’s good to know. Thanks.

4. Member
    Chopper, If you are using the sit down seat and not a lean pole up front, when you go to run take the entire pole and seat and put it in the rear deck hole. it will lock in and not fly out
    then you will have clear view out the front deck. This is a pain, but it is your only choice. Removing the seat from the pole and just placing the seat in the hole does not work
    because it does not lock in.

5. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    I could be wrong but seems like it’s the law to not have any seat lean on or sit down in the front hole while running. Seems like I remember someone saying that’s why ranger has that hole in the cock pit area and bass cat has the one at the back of the front deck. Supposed to move it before running. Never seen or heard of it being enforced though.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

6. Member
    Moving the seat and pedestal to the back hole will solve the issues so long as I’m fishing by myself, however my son fishes with me a lot and he uses the other stand up seat which takes up the back hole. I’ve ordered a spare pedestal so when I’m fishing by myself I can simply move the seat back to the rear pedestal. That will work too, except when I have someone fishing with me. I just wish there was a way to secure the seat in the hole without the pedestal.I had 2 Tritons prior to buying the phoenix and it was never a problem. The seat would not come out of the hole unless you wanted it to. It was secure when running on the water or on the highway.

I’m not sure about a law requiring the front seat to not be installed while running. Granted it does block your view and I don’t run with the seat there but when you think about it, the trolling motor and all the screens some guys have now interfere with your view, to some degree anyway.

7. Member
    I have a butt seat and sit down seats both. I've never lost a seat or had one come out of pedestal hole. I've run some rough water on TB and Rayburn.

You could get a telescopic pole and run it high when running and look under the seat.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

8. Member
    Get an adapter for the smaller pole and switch them. Then you can remove the pole and set the seat down in the deck hole and it wont blow out.

9. Member
    Maybe a crazy question: how does the seat block your vision when running or on plane with the console clearly to the right of the front deck?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by banana0721 View Post
    Maybe a crazy question: how does the seat block your vision when running or on plane with the console clearly to the right of the front deck?
    A sit down seat definitely obstructs your view!
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4