Guntersville looks to be back

Seems like guntersville weights went down for a few years and the big trails left it alone as well as Kentucky lake.. Chickamauga became the new lake to be at and now pickwick seems to be it..but these last couple of years looks like its back as strong as ever.. results from day 1 at the toyotas..

Is it time for Kentucky lake to make a come back also or is it more of the invasive species being there still hurting it?

I was down there in the fall and that eelgrass is a PIA in a lot of areas.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

3. Member
    Don't think its ever really had a drop off.......that grass keeps that lake pumping all the time.

4. Member
    Incredible weights. 202 boats caught a 10lb bag. My local lake had a 10 tournament weeknight series that averaged 35 boats. There were 5 bags weighed in 10lbs or better the whole year. Ohio sucks.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basshammerwannabe View Post
    Seems like guntersville weights went down for a few years and the big trails left it alone as well as Kentucky lake.. Chickamauga became the new lake to be at and now pickwick seems to be it..but these last couple of years looks like its back as strong as ever.. results from day 1 at the toyotas..

Is it time for Kentucky lake to make a come back also or is it more of the invasive species being there still hurting it?
    Guntersville has been killing it. Ky lake is doing just fine too. It doesn't yet have that huge population of 5 + lbers like it once had, but tons of the younger classes 2-4 which seem to be doing very well, The shad were back last fall & early winter, so forage base is there. A bonus of the diminished few generations of largemouth has been a big increase in the smallmouth numbers and size.. Watch and see the weigh ins at the Toyota and TW invitational over next few weeks. Smallmouth may well be winning bags at both. last Toyota event was won on all smallies.. I'd be shocked if these weren't. Carp are still here.. It doesn't look to me like they are diminished? But not gaining ground either. I think mother nature is taking care of the lake herself.

I think all lakes go through cycles. Even my local lakes seem to do it. I've been going to Gville for 20 years straight and i saw it happen first hand. The biggest difference is the addition of eel grass the past 7 or 8 years. IMO

7. Member
    Please, everyone stay away from Chick.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I think all lakes go through cycles. Even my local lakes seem to do it. I've been going to Gville for 20 years straight and i saw it happen first hand. The biggest difference is the addition of eel grass the past 7 or 8 years. IMO

I agree they definitely go through cycles ..