Thread: Andy Reid

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Mountaineer View Post
    When assault weapons were banned between 1994 and 2004, gun massacres dropped by 37% in the decade it was in place and rose by 183% in the decade after it was lifted.
    Got a link to those stats ? I have heard there was very little change.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I do not know WTF brought that seemingly foolish statement on but I would not advocate handing out handguns to a kindergartener unless there was some really strange circumstances that warranted that consideration. As far as the rest of your statement I see no reason why the latter two items should not be available to a responsible adult. Although, I doubt anyone would have and reason why they would choose to procure the latter as there is not any meaningful utility could be gained from it without harming others. I doubt Jonny Morris would carry them as I am sure sales would be poor.
    I am pretty sure hardware stores used to sell dynamite. Don’t think we had these shooting then. Maybe hardware stores should still sell it.

3. Member
    In before this gets torpedoed
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

4. Member
    My blinders have been off a long time. Just like 71% of adult American who favor stricter gun laws and 67% who strongly or somewhat favor banning high capacity magazines. Even 32% of Republicans strongly favor banning these magazines and another 19% who somewhat support the measure.
    A different perspective.

https://www.factcheck.org/2013/02/di...pons-ban-work/

Can we please stop using the term "assault rifle"? Stop listening to the media. Prayers go out to all the victims and congrats to the Chiefs on the win
    1999 Blazer 202 pro v 200 mercury efi

6. Member
    While we are all ripping the second amendment apart which has nothing to do with this shooting because we still don't know if the weapons involved were legally purchased by individuals who are allowed to
    legally purchase said weapons. How about focusing on the shooters? Are they here legally( we have a border problem) are they terrorist? that may have walked across our open borders? Are they domestic Terrorist
    (gang related)? The sad truth is any of these scenarios are possible in the current reality we now find ourselves. My Prayers are for the victims who were just celebrating and this evil came their way. Don't bitch about a Constitutional Amendment that if someone in that crowd had exercised might have prevented more injuries.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lineside View Post
    While we are all ripping the second amendment apart which has nothing to do with this shooting because we still don't know if the weapons involved were legally purchased by individuals who are allowed to
    legally purchase said weapons. How about focusing on the shooters? Are they here legally( we have a border problem) are they terrorist? that may have walked across our open borders? Are they domestic Terrorist
    (gang related)? The sad truth is any of these scenarios are possible in the current reality we now find ourselves. My Prayers are for the victims who were just celebrating and this evil came their way. Don't bitch about a Constitutional Amendment that if someone in that crowd had exercised might have prevented more injuries.
    I think we've tried the "we just need more good guys with guns" option and it isn't working. The law enforcement officers did an outstanding job in planning and patrolling the event and their response to the shooting was immediate and professional yet an innocent person died and too many children were shot. The suspects were not immigrants so you can forget that deflection. The information released so far says it was not domestic terrorism or gang related. The suspects are under the age of 18 so they should not have possessed a firearm but the weapon pictured in the apprehension was a an AR-15 pistol with a large capacity magazine. That is a weapon designed, built and sold to be easily concealed so one human being can kill a large number of other human beings with very little training and skill (that is my definition of an assault weapon).

8. Member
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

9. Member
    When assault weapons were banned between 1994 and 2004, gun massacres dropped by 37%
    So in those 10 years the guns already produced and sold magically just stopped killing people, why?

national tragedy that can be addressed with some common sense changes.
    Let's hear your common sense changes?

Quote Originally Posted by DennisMH&F View Post
    The suspects are under the age of 18 so they should not have possessed a firearm but
    Were already willing to break laws!

10. Member
    My blinders have been off a long time. Just like 71% of adult American who favor stricter gun laws and 67% who strongly or somewhat favor banning high capacity magazines. Even 32% of Republicans strongly favor banning these magazines and another 19% who somewhat support the measure.
    I'm sure a ban on high capacity magazines and stricter gun laws would help a lot. Just think of how long the line would be at the designated location to turn in magazines and black rifles. The Law Men could just stand there and arrest thousands of thugs with outstanding warrants. I think there should be a ban on crack pipes, shopping carts and tents too. That would help solve the drug and homeless problem. If there were a ban on infidelity, there divorce rate would drop as well.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roper56 View Post
    I'm sure a ban on high capacity magazines and stricter gun laws would help a lot. Just think of how long the line would be at the designated location to turn in magazines and black rifles. The Law Men could just stand there and arrest thousands of thugs with outstanding warrants. I think there should be a ban on crack pipes, shopping carts and tents too. That would help solve the drug and homeless problem. If there were a ban on infidelity, there divorce rate would drop as well.
    yea we already have laws against murder. Didn’t stop them. What is that some people don’t understand? Criminals do obey laws.

12. Member
    I could go on for a long time discrediting reasons why we can't do a few simple things to reduce the number and severity of mass shootings. But I've already wasted too much of my time with people who aren't willing to see the death of innocent people and children as a national tragedy that can be addressed with some common sense changes.
    You see those deaths and want to blame others or material things. Blame the perpetrator and rid society of them.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    yea we already have laws against murder. Didn’t stop them. What is that some people don’t understand? Criminals do obey laws.
    That should have said do not obey laws.

It's not a semi-auto rifle with a magazine capable of holding 5 rounds or with the ability to rapidly reload with high capacity magazines.
    SO, how do you propose to keep anything with more than 5 rounds off the street? Short answer is you can't. Tired of people thinking words on a piece of paper will reduce violence while refusing to admit their liberal social policies have created this mess.
    21 Lund 1775 Impact XS 21 Merc 115 Pro XS

15. Member
    2 of the three were too young to legally purchase a firearm, the third Guy was a 44 y/o here illegally.

16. Moderator
    I'm getting in early before this thread is closed. I hope I don't get banned myself. But, it's time we quit blaming LBJ, the liberals, the current administration, other races, etc..

Not much is known about the Kansas City shooting as far as who the perpetuators were or what firearms they used.

What we do know about mass shooting in 2023 is that 80% of the shooters were white. Between 2015 and 2022, five times more people were killed and 10 times more people were injured when high capacity magazines were used. And, in the same time period, when assault type rifles were used, 2 times more people died.

It doesn't take a college degree to know what we need to do.
    What ban these weapons??? Cmon man. Drugs are banned too. Criminals will find a way.....duh!!!!!

17. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    We will never fix these problems by blaming an object.
    Yep, My son's goddam pencil failed his test.....

Come on guys. This thread was started about one human being showing compassion for another human being. You have derailed it into the same ole augment that will never be solved in here. Please get back to the topic of it being great to see how someone at the top of their life showing how simple it is to be there for their fellow man.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukhntr View Post
    What ban these weapons??? Cmon man. Drugs are banned too. Criminals will find a way.....duh!!!!!
    So using your logic drugs should be legal and we should not have any laws because some criminal will just break them. Sit and think about that for a few minutes.

20. Member
    Praise needs to be given to those who ran after the shooters tackling one and possibly breaking up the shooting. They may have saved a few lives in the process. Not taking anything away from Mr Reid but its easy to comfort after it's all over with and others have handled the deed. News said all the team and coaches ran to safety.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast