"the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

2. Member
    Could use a little sand and salt on that street
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

3. Member
    Well, hopefully Mark wasn’t in the cab. All of us would have to pitch in and get him some new drawers.

4. Member
    They are rarely needed here in N. Arkansas but all of the trucks at my department have air deployable tire chains. That Quint probably has a $700.000.00-1,000,000.00 replacement cost. That could of been a lot worse.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

5. Member
    Glad no one was hurt...........lots of laundry needed washing after that one though!

6. Member
    The back of that thing swung around quick!

7. Member

8. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Who controls John Gill?

That was the local fire department. It was all over the news and local social media when it happened. People were complaining we called off school too early because it wasn't doing anything and then that happened.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xcoach View Post
    Well, hopefully Mark wasn’t in the cab. All of us would have to pitch in and get him some new drawers.
    I did not see any megabass stickers.

12. Member
    People forget there is a LARGE WATER TANK on that unit. Looked to me like the rear brakes locked up. After that you are just along for the ride.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    That was the local fire department. It was all over the news and local social media when it happened. People were complaining we called off school too early because it wasn't doing anything and then that happened.
    I live nearby. That's the morning my neighbor came knocking on my door at 6am (he knows I'm up by 5) to ask if I could help him get his son's car back into the driveway. His 17 year old son apparently walked across an ice covered driveway to get into his ice covered car, then backed out onto an ice covered street, slid, panicked, and put it in park. We live on a big hill, so the car slid about 20' down the hill before it stopped. I helped him get it into the grass and they left it there for the day.
    2022 Lund Tyee 1875, Merc 200

He parked that thing in the next street like a CHAMP!!!!

Years ago when I had just started driving the apparatus I pulled into one of our newer stations late one night after running a call in a rainstorm while driving a quint. We keep the bay floors immaculate. I pulled in at full speed for pulling in lime always. Immediately I knew I had screwed up when I locked up the brakes and waspraying I didn't go through the front bay. Finally stopped about 6 inches from the door. Just lime Top Gun my Lt.calmly said " well that will cover pulling into the bay when the quint is wet speech"......

It never happened again....

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Years ago when I had just started driving the apparatus I pulled into one of our newer stations late one night after running a call in a rainstorm while driving a quint. We keep the bay floors immaculate. I pulled in at full speed for pulling in lime always. Immediately I knew I had screwed up when I locked up the brakes and waspraying I didn't go through the front bay. Finally stopped about 6 inches from the door. Just lime Top Gun my Lt.calmly said " well that will cover pulling into the bay when the quint is wet speech"......

It never happened again....

I know around here we have a lot of volunteer departments and our terrain is hilly. Sadly it is not that uncommon to here of a rig crashing. I know there have been several fatal accidents locally over the past 10 years or so. I imagine that it is easy for a novice to get into trouble with one. I do not think a CDL is required here but it would probably behoove them to be trained better and to have more seattime.

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I know around here we have a lot of volunteer departments and our terrain is hilly. Sadly it is not that uncommon to here of a rig crashing. I know there have been several fatal accidents locally over the past 10 years or so. I imagine that it is easy for a novice to get into trouble with one. I do not think a CDL is required here but it would probably behoove them to be trained better and to have more seattime.

Paid departments here often require CDL or at least a Class B.

18. Member
    Sadly a CDL is fairly easy to get anymore. A good instructor and experience is truly key to making a good driver. Glad no one was hurt in that incident. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ1 View Post
    Sadly a CDL is fairly easy to get anymore. A good instructor and experience is truly key to making a good driver. Glad no one was hurt in that incident. CJ

In most paid departments if yiu suck atcdriving a fire truck chanc3s are high that you will not get promoted to AO to start with.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    Hi Mike.