Thread: New GLX rods?

New GLX rods?

American Legacy fishing has all their GLX rods marked down to $299. That makes me think they may be coming out with a new GLX line. Anybody have any idea about this?

Maybe GLX+ with Spiral X technology? I would like to see some new moving bait models like CBR’s and SBR’s.
    "If It Ain't Broke, You're Not Trying"- Red Green

3. Member
    Maybe. I do not see anyone else having such a big discount on them. I bought one. In case the new ones come out and are dramatically better, you pay $100 and get a new GLX for less than what I paid for the current (old?) one.

4. Member
    Land Big Fish discounted them as well. American Legacy said on FB that a refresh was coming but they wouldn't say anything further to allow G Loomis to announce.

5. Member
    GLX was a game changing rod when it came out in the early 90’s. It has since been surpassed. It’s only a matter of time when the cost either comes down, or they come out with refreshed versions. Really should have happened a long time ago, but that blank really is that good.

6. Member
    The MBR versions of the GLX are super versatile.
    Im hoping that the Spiral X technology don’t affect them as
    much as it did to the NRX +.
    2008 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    Evinrude 250

7. Member
    hopefully they put a new grip on them. Killer blanks but they crush my fingers

8. Moderator
    Classic release would make sense...it is usually that or ICAST.....
    Steve

9. Member
    I wonder what the price increase will be
    Nitro z21

10. Member
    Long past due whatever the refresh or next generation...hoping it will bring the GLX back to the front again at a price point that gives options to those that don't want to, or can't spend NRX+ $$$.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpcard View Post
    Maybe GLX+ with Spiral X technology? I would like to see some new moving bait models like CBR’s and SBR’s.
    I would buy a GLx 845 CBR so fast

12. Member
    There has been several refreshes. The Wiebe reel seat, the split grip, the green painted blanks that no one liked, and there may have been something between it and the current model.
    I can’t foresee them bringing back any GLX crank bait models. Not many people are willing to spend that kind of money on a moving bait rod that won’t catch any more fish.
    That price point has some good rods in it these days. The new Fenwick world class is really good.
    Last edited by rangerjockey; 02-21-2024 at 06:36 AM.

13. Member
    The green blank ones did me in. Moved away from GLX after that.

14. Member
    Would be nice to see some new lengths and actions. Loomis seems behind the times a bit. Who wants a 6’10 drop shot rod anymore. Wish they would make a 871s or at a least 851s.

15. Member
    New GLX model arrived at my doorstep yesterday. I filed an expeditor claim on Jan 8th and was told it would be about 70 days to get a replacement. Just happened to coincide with the BMC. Beautiful rod but not sure it’s $100 nicer than the last models. The Ci4 reel seat is the biggest improvement.

16. Member
    So my issue is paying $550 for a rod(or anything really) I can’t aleast feel or touch. Maybe the minority but worried if I got one didn’t like the feel,have to send it back and maybe get a different model. If I could go to a local retailer and just pick one up I very will might buy one.
    Red Sox in 6!

17. Member
    The handles are definitely a good upgrade and they make sense. IMO the longer grip that nearly all manufacturers are using now is just a fad and is more for looks than purpose. The shorter front grip promotes more blank to hand contact, meaning more sensitivity while retaining comfort
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybass View Post
    The green blank ones did me in. Moved away from GLX after that.
    X2. And then making an NRX and Conquest on top of them making it their mid tier rod made sure I would never go back to them.