Schaeffer 219 Grease

Have any of you guys used Schaeffer 219 waterproof grease on your trailers bearings? I had some suspension work recently done and asked them to repack my wheel bearings while in there. I asked them what wheel bearing grease they used, as to not mix incompatible greases. They gave me a tube of Schaeffer 219. I trust this shop 100%, but have never heard of this stuff.

Never heard of that, I use Lucas Marine Grease, it's a pretty blue color.

3. Member
    I use Lubrimatic marine trailer wheel bearing grease (Corrosion Control Marine Grease), its calcium sulfonate based, the Lucas marine grease is as well. Never heard of Schaeffer 219 grease.
    Last edited by FrancoCialone; 02-16-2024 at 01:08 PM.

I've never heard of it- sounds like a good grease but figure I'll stick with Lucas MARINE

SynForce™ Green Waterproof Green | Schaeffer Oil

5. Member
    Schaeffers is good stuff. We use it on all our heavy equipment, loaders, dozers,etc. I have not used the 219, but wouldn't be hesitant to run it.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Plenty of references to this grease on Google, seems to be very popular in the agriculture industry.

7. Member
    Schaffer makes great products! Ive used them for years with no issues. They are based out of St. Louis MO.

8. Member
    Many many manufactures for wheel bearing grease out there and they are all good greases. I personally use Lucas Red n Tacky because it's the grease Dexter uses and recommends with their axles.

The Schaeffer 219 grease is like many others, it Water RESISTENT not Waterproof as the OP mentions.
    https://www.schaefferoil.com/synforce-green.html

Whatever you decide to use, stick to the same grease all the time.

9. Member
    I use Schaeffers 219 on my farm equipment it is a luv hate relationship, keeps constant velocity joints well lubricated under high stress, but anything it touches good luck getting it off the stuff is tenacious.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ 2001 View Post
    Have any of you guys used Schaeffer 219 waterproof grease on your trailers bearings? I had some suspension work recently done and asked them to repack my wheel bearings while in there. I asked them what wheel bearing grease they used, as to not mix incompatible greases. They gave me a tube of Schaeffer 219. I trust this shop 100%, but have never heard of this stuff.
    You went to a shop that knows their stuff! The Schaeffer grease will not wash out as it's not affected by water because it's not soluble with water. Most of these other greases being mentioned are actually a lithium base which can be diluted by water. It's really not a matter of if some water will enter your hubs as it is when it will happen. I know which lubricant that I would be using if my hubs were set up for regular grease.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bhjr. View Post
    You went to a shop that knows their stuff! The Schaeffer grease will not wash out as it's not affected by water because it's not soluble with water. Most of these other greases being mentioned are actually a lithium base which can be diluted by water. It's really not a matter of if some water will enter your hubs as it is when it will happen. I know which lubricant that I would be using if my hubs were set up for regular grease.
    Thank you very much! This shop is very good and totally trust them!

12. Scraps
    If it's the same company, Schaefer makes some top notch not well known motor oil.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    If it's the same company, Schaefer makes some top notch not well known motor oil.
    Yes, you are correct. I run their 15W40 in my 7.3 diesel. Go on line and watch the video where a big Caterpillar engine was torn down for a rebuild after 1,000,000+ miles and Caterpillar certified the crankshaft and the camshaft for another 30,000 miles! Their grease is all we use at work and we have millions worth of large equipment to maintain. Lithium grease doesn’t cut it in our business.

14. Member
    I have tested many different greases, valvoline cerulean was best for marine wheel bearings according to Blackstone labs
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

15. Member
    I have used Schaefer's Ultra Moly after their demonstration at the shop 20 years ago. Just pulled my rig @ 75 mph for 2.5 hours to the house and the hubs were cool to the touch. Very please with this grease and keep 2 spare tubes of it in my tool box in a Spaghetti storage container I got at Wal Mart for any emergency situation.