Thread: 13 Feb report

USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar

13 Feb report

Don’t go to burchard! Went there this morning and it’s so low you can’t launch. We headed to Kansas and managed a 4.6 and a 4.10. Water was 38-40
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

2. Member
    Some of sw Iowa lake are really to fish now.. there is colder weather coming this weekend but I would think most lakes should be ready.

3. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Thanks for the update Jim. Sounds like you salvaged some of the day and still caught some nice ones

Thanks for the info! Was going to head down there next week so you saved me a trip! Glad you were able to get out and catch a few!

5. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Astro-T View Post
    Thanks for the info! Was going to head down there next week so you saved me a trip! Glad you were able to get out and catch a few!
    glad you saw this Tony. Figured you were planning on going there. Did Bill hook you up with trolling motor?
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

Yep. Hes going to see what he can do. It looks like its bent at the collar. Hes going to see if he can just get some of the bend out. I'm just going to use it as a spare so that will work. He had a customers Ultrex he was going to sell me at a really good price because I've been wanting spotlock however after thinking about the added costs, another battery etc. I couldn't justify it to myself. Maybe when this one craps out.

7. Member
    If you can get spot lock you won’t regret it… I don’t think I could stand to fish without it. It is a very big deal!!

8. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    If you can get spot lock you won’t regret it… I don’t think I could stand to fish without it. It is a very big deal!!
    I have ffs which is good but by far I couldn’t do with my spotlock. Tony, I used to have a motorguide then made the switch. Trust me go for the ultrex!
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

Think Im just gonna save a bit and the go with an Ultrex Quest. That way I get everything I want and can still stay with 24V. Won't need another battery or charger that way

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Astro-T View Post
    Think Im just gonna save a bit and the go with an Ultrex Quest. That way I get everything I want and can still stay with 24V. Won't need another battery or charger that way
    That sounds like a great idea!!