36V Single Lithium Battery

Looking to make the switch from lead acid trolling batteries to Lithiums. Curious who’s running a single 36v lithium and does it last all day? I’m running an Ultrex on a 21’ Triton. The few I’ve looked at I’m leaning towards a 60aH.
    Thanks

2. Member
    Check out the thread, Ionic battery strap, cool info.

RangerZ - IONIC Batteries, Lithiumhub.com

I have this one and have never used more than 25% in a full day. I don't fish current, but I fish plenty of wind.

CRAZY Powerful Trolling Motor Battery | MillerTech Trolling Motor 36v Lithium Battery
    2020 Tracker 190 TX | 115 ProXS | 4" Jackplate | Quicksilver Q4 21P Prop | Garmin Force w/MillerTech 36v-60Ah | Livescope |

YouTube - Fishing & Lithium Battery Content: https://www.youtube.com/@goodmanfishing/videos

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Looking to make the switch from lead acid trolling batteries to Lithiums. Curious who’s running a single 36v lithium and does it last all day? I’m running an Ultrex on a 21’ Triton. The few I’ve looked at I’m leaning towards a 60aH.
    Thanks
    I have one in my Triton, fish all day easily

Our 36v-60Ah is $1061 Shipped with the BBC 15% Off Discount

Call me if you need any help

205-965-8436

Bill

5. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I have a single 36V 60AH Impulse Lithium battery on my new Ulterra Quest. In my opinion, it is the perfect size for my motor. I can definitely fish all day long with power to spare. Your usage and specific trolling motor will determine how long it will last for you.

I did some performance analysis on my setup and have added a screen capture.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    36v 60 ah is sufficient for most for a full day happy to get you into one with a run and gun charger
    10% BBc discount and the best warranty of any lithium on the market..
    Powerhouse lithium from K and K Kustomz

7. Member
    What situations is the single 36v battery not good for? Seems like more people would run them vs buying three 12v lithiums.

Also is a minn kota 440PC able to charge a lithium? It doesnt have a lithium setting but I've heard they will charge on the AGM setting?
    2005 Ranger Z21
    2005 Mercury Verado 250

8. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartin56 View Post
    What situations is the single 36v battery not good for? Seems like more people would run them vs buying three 12v lithiums.

Also is a minn kota 440PC able to charge a lithium? It doesnt have a lithium setting but I've heard they will charge on the AGM setting?
    Ill answer your first question. The problem with having a single 36V is there is no redundancy. Some people would rather run a pair of 36V so that they are still operational if one goes bad. This is more critical for those who fish weekend tournaments. I decided that this was an acceptable risk for me.

Also, if you have one of the new Quest motors, it will run at 24V or 36V. If you have a (3) 12V battery setup and one craps out, you could still operate in 24V mode.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartin56 View Post

All in life is a trade off.

Some prefer to use 3 X 12 volt batteries. They can be charged by a more common 12 volt battery charger. Or the alternator on the outboard motor.

Should one of the three fail when out on the road then a quick trip to Walmart will get a replacement.

One of the three can be used in a pinch to start the outboard motor should the starting battery not be able to do its job.

10. Member
    I installed the following last year on my Phoenix 921 w/36v Ultrex:

(2) Impulse Lithium 36v40AH in parallel
    (1) Impulse Lithium 12v/36v Charge on the Run
    (1) Victron 12v/25AH Charger

The only time the 36v40AH batteries were below 40% all year was when I fished 4 days without charging (a couple 3-4 hour evenings and a couple 8+ hour days). I don't fish real large bodies of water and typically don't 'run and gun' much. I don't recall a single 8 hour+ days where the 36v40AH batteries were below 70% and that includes a lot of river fishing (slower current IMHO). I'm sure there are situations (heavy current, long days in the wind) where a single 36v 60AH might be questionable, but I really believe it would be more than sufficient for 99% of us.

11. Member
    I would not get a single 36V for one reason...........breakdown of the BMS. The new trolling motors can run on 24/36 and if one 12V goes belly up it is not that hard to go to a 24V setup. The backup start is also lost with the 36V.

12. Member
    Guess I’ll answer my own question. Went with the single 36v 60ah Impulse Lithium along with the Powerpole Charge. Nothing but good to say so far. Been out about 8 times 3 of which were 10 hr practice days fishing heavy wind and current and the trolling battery never used more than 30% of the capacity. Can’t say enough good about the Impulse customer service, would highly recommend!

13. Skeeterzx190
    Chris the power pole charge u mentioned. Are you referring to the DC charges you go option?