Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

once a year tournament

top 20 from elites, bpt, MLF Invt and NPFL end of season 4 day tournament.. 3 days biggest 5 fish limit.. final day top 12, BPT style.. any way would be cool, this is just an idea

Think a tournament somewhat like this will ever happen? Think it would be cool to watch and give each association some bragging rights.

2. Member
    Keep biggest 5 all 4 days. I font like the flip flopping of styles myself.

i like the hybrid style tournament. certain days best bag and another all fish count.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

4. Member
    The Texas Bass Classic that the PAA hosted used to combine the pros from both tours. That was pretty cool. Although the limits wouldn't change per day etc.
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

The reality might be that none of the trails would see an event like that as beneficial for them. I don't think the anglers themselves get too caught up in what trail has "better" anglers. I think most might just want a roster spot on one or the other to have a chance to fish, promote themselves and their sponsors and make some money.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    The reality might be that none of the trails would see an event like that as beneficial for them. I don't think the anglers themselves get too caught up in what trail has "better" anglers. I think most might just want a roster spot on one or the other to have a chance to fish, promote themselves and their sponsors and make some money.
    Agree about a trail that doesn't see the benefit. It would take something a 3rd party to put it together with limited or no entry fee with decent payouts to make it work.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duece22 View Post
    Agree about a trail that doesn't see the benefit. It would take something a 3rd party to put it together with limited or no entry fee with decent payouts to make it work.
    yeah would have to be something like that. Think Boyd should just put it out there out of pocket see how his guys go up against the rest..

8. Member
    Bassfan.com had a tournament in 2005 called the Topgun tournament that was simply the top 25 anglers in the world and had a good mix of FLW/BASS guys and I loved it. I think it only ran one year but it was a cool idea.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pureoil313 View Post
    Bassfan.com had a tournament in 2005 called the Topgun tournament that was simply the top 25 anglers in the world and had a good mix of FLW/BASS guys and I loved it. I think it only ran one year but it was a cool idea.
    yeah that is a cool idea! Wish it was more about fishing and not the business end but money has to come from somewhere.

10. Member
    Doubt it would ever happen

11. Member
    i'd watch it.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

12. Member
    While I’d love it, will never happen.

All I know is that #21 or #22 would have won the tournament if they had been invited.

Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Doubt it would ever happen
    It already happened. PAA and then BASS bought it and turned it into a BASS only tournament. They had top 15 from BASS, 15 from FLW, 15 from PAA and 5 invites.
    I have pics from 2009 - 2013 when it was on Lake Conroe.
    https://pchapin.zenfolio.com/f271800014

P01135809

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    It already happened. PAA and then BASS bought it and turned it into a BASS only tournament. They had top 15 from BASS, 15 from FLW, 15 from PAA and 5 invites.
    Thats awesome, thanks for the pics!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    They also had the weigh and release format that MLF does (with the option to bring one big one to the stage) didn't they?. Had an outdoor "Expo" and a lot of angler involvement on the weekend similar to the classic expo. I went a couple of years and really enjoyed it.
    2014 920/SHO

Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    All I know is that #21 or #22 would have won the tournament if they had been invited.
    Now that was funny!!

18. Member
    MLF Invitationals and NFPL shouldn't be considered.

Once a year top twenty from Elites and MLF BPT every year it alternates format between 5 fish and MLF style. I'd like to see that.
    Last edited by Basskicker907; 02-13-2024 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by basshammerwannabe View Post
    Thats awesome, thanks for the pics!
    Feel free to download any that you want,

P01135809

20. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Its a cool idea for the fans but NPFL, MLF and BASS are a business with profit being their main objective. Who's going to be out the expense for this tournament and is there enough profit for it to be feasible. I see it as a logistical nightmare that does not have the potential for a pay off to be feasible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast