Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Car dealer websites are garbage

The websites for pretty much any car dealer have to be the worst crap ever designed. Before I can even start looking at a vehicle you are bombarded with pop ups to chat with someone, check your trade in value, such and such dealer wants to know your location, how can we assist you today etc. As fast as you close one out there is another that pops up. I have no idea who thought the layout and function was a good idea. It turns a crappy experience into an even worse experience.

2. Member
    You must be looking at new vehicles. Used car dealerships usually don't have that crap.

3. Member
    I agree. Their Websites were much better 10-15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadrashPaul View Post
    The websites for pretty much any car dealer have to be the worst crap ever designed. Before I can even start looking at a vehicle you are bombarded with pop ups to chat with someone, check your trade in value, such and such dealer wants to know your location, how can we assist you today etc. As fast as you close one out there is another that pops up. I have no idea who thought the layout and function was a good idea. It turns a crappy experience into an even worse experience.
    Completely agree! I complained more than once to a salesman and was told that I was just one of many. But they don't listen to the salesmen either.
    MCPO

I never backlash, but each time I go fishing I practice fixing them, just in case I ever do really backlash.

I buy my vehicles from this guy. Sorry about the language.

6. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    I buy my vehicles from this guy. Sorry about the language.

I never buy new… let the suckers take that big depreciation hit.

I only deal with Marshal Lucky down at New Deal Used Cars.

***LANGUAGE***

Who controls John Gill?

From start to finish, the whole vehicle buying experience pretty much stinks.
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

If you don't like it now, wait until you drive it

My frustration is all the listings on auto trader and similar websites but yet the vehicle is not instock. It is on order. Like click bait to then sell you something you aren’t looking for that they have on the lot.

10. Member
    They also have some very nice features, though. I especially appreciate the opportunity to see clear pictures of the vehicles from numerous angles and the ability to see the window sticker. I just ignore all the stuff I don’t want to interact with. I learned that on BBC!

11. Member
    I always wait till end of the model year.! Seems like I get my best deals then and at the end of a month helps too.! And I absolutely hate all those pop ups.! Feels like gotcha is the motive.!

Personally----------I find it much easier to click that little x in the corner than deal with some overzealous salesman that I normally know more about what I'm looking for than he does.

13. Member
    I used to insure franchised auto dealers. I heard every one of these slang terms while hanging around them.
    https://www.autocheatsheet.com/car-s...ngo-terms.html

14. Member
    I worked up a build sheet for a new Chevy PU and turned it in to a half dozen dealers for a quote. I got numerous calls and e mails from all 6 dealers wanting to know how they could help me in my search, none of the dealers had bothered to read the build sheet for what I was looking for all were willing to deal on what they had in stock but none were interested in looking for or ordering what I wanted. Oh well their loss.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie Poke View Post
    From start to finish, the whole vehicle buying experience pretty much stinks.
    I sold a house to a car salesman and after closing he looked at me and said, I just spent 400k on a home and it was easier than my clients buying a car.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Personally----------I find it much easier to click that little x in the corner than deal with some overzealous salesman that I normally know more about what I'm looking for than he does.
    ^^^^This exactly. Most new car sales people don’t know much about the vehicles that they are selling.
    I have found that dealing with the internet sales person is a better experience. Not as much B.S. as regular sales people.

17. Member
    Just this morning I was on www.markdodge.net. Just looking around and I can't even do that without that annoying popup to chat. If you close it, it still pops up with that ping sound after ten seconds.

I typed a message in it telling them I would have stayed on the site longer if they didn't annoy the heck out of me with the popup.

Amazing how they think this is a good thing.

18. Member
    I never had an issue with the websites, I would much rather deal with a computer than a person who doesnt listen lol. The trick is to find what you want online by using the manufactures search feature on their website then email the dealership that has it. Email them an offer then move on to the next dealer if they dont like it. Stick to high volume dealers that are good at doing online deals.

When I bought my truck a few years back I was in and out in an hour. I did everything online even the trade. I walked in signed papers and walked out.

19. Member
    My friend just bought a new Corvette, and he ordered it from Kansas as dealers here in Ca. wanted 30K more than the sticker price.

20. Member
    Hope you find what you want Paul. I agree dealerships have made the process tough, but we have only to blame ourselves for putting up with all the crap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast